Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yatesl said:
Any recommended ones from UK websites? I've been on PSX Scene and there's so many reviews and such - Would a programmable board be able to use all the payloads or whatever, etc? For instance, will they ever get outdated?
Shoptemp sells a programmable board. Link

Dealextreme also sells Amazebreak for $7.69 USD it works great and it upgradeable.

antisniperspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Small question, Does anyone know what firmware ps3's in stores have right now or what version/bundles will still have 3.41 on them. Dont want to buy another ps3 unless it is able to be jailbroke.

Thanks

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Are you going to update this FAQ? I was wondering if you could have downgrade the PS3 yet.
I update it when stuff is confirmed.

There's no confirmed reports of downgrading yet, even though it's a few days past when the downgrader was supposed to be released.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my 1st PS3 and a P3Go breat GT. I'm using gaia manager, the latest version (1.04.1) with heremes 4b with 3.50 spoof. I have a few questions:
1. After installing Little Big Planet, I started the game with ethernet connection still in and it asked to update software to 1.30 (I assume it would download only game updates). Is it safe to update the game files, or am I taking a chance that my firmware can be updated in the same step?
2. For the life of me, I can get any game to load without a disc in the drive. Is there a trick?
3. In Gaia manager, I turned on direct booting, and before it goes back to the dashboard, is says it can't find the bin file. I assume that the direct boot does not work. After I goto the dash, I can load a game if I have a disc in the drive.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bloodlust said:
What does it mean by "Uninstall all pre-PSJailbreak content from HDD" for running a specific game? Like heavy rain?
If you already played Heavy rain on the retail disc, you have installed content to HDD. if you update from PSN, it also install these data to HDD.
Some games need to have these data removed and then Re-installed while in debug mode (jailbreak state).

So, if heavy rain seems to need it :
1 - delete installed data (not the dumped game in a backup Manager, only the officially installed data at the top of the PS3 game's menu)
2 - Boot the game using a backup Manager
3 - let the game reinstall the game's data

I don't know if these specific games still need to delete/reinstall the game data.
There were a lot of improvement with backup Managers.
Just try first, maybe you don't need to delete anymore.

harroway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello,

i just bought the version thats for sale at shoptemp, http://shoptemp.com/products/USB-Programma...-1.1-p-190.html

it works fine on my 3.41 ps3. however, the instructions/software package that is linked on the same page is password protected, and i did not get a response to my mail request about the password. i'm quite a noob to ps3 hacking, how would i ever be able to update it? there is no info whatsoever on the shop page except its an Atmega chip, but apparently there are tons of different versions of that.

if i plug it in my pc i just get the ' not recognized' error. Can anybody help me out with the software/driver for this specific stick?

thanks a lot!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Jailbreak USB devices aren't recognized because they're not flash/storage drives.

Are you able to update it with other payloads? The one supplied by shoptemp is just there to make sure you can get one without having to look on your own, but it's likely that other ones are more updated.

harroway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
Jailbreak USB devices aren't recognized because they're not flash/storage drives.

Are you able to update it with other payloads? The one supplied by shoptemp is just there to make sure you can get one without having to look on your own, but it's likely that other ones are more updated.

Thanks for replying! actually i dont even know what a payload is. is that the code on the stick?

according to info i found, i should install the atmel flip package which i did. when i insert the stick i dont get the new hardware wizard but the device not recognized message. with updating the driver through the device manager i should direct to the flip/usb folder, but xp says there are no drivers there for this device.

its not that i want to update the stick right now, i just want to make sure how it works in case i ever need to update. i assume i need the flip software to put the new code on the stick but i cant get it to work.

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
updating the official jailbreak dongle is a pain iv tried and when i plug it in to my pc it doesnt recognise it so how on earth do i update it?
i downloaded the updater from the jailbreak web site ( http://www.psjailbreak.com/downloads ) but it just doesnt find my JB dongle when its supposed to..
its all rather complicated and thers not really any help anywhere or instructions on updating..
all i know is i need to update my payload on the dongle but how to go about it is difficult

serious lack of info on the matter

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Cyan said:
Bloodlust said:
What does it mean by "Uninstall all pre-PSJailbreak content from HDD" for running a specific game? Like heavy rain?
If you already played Heavy rain on the retail disc, you have installed content to HDD. if you update from PSN, it also install these data to HDD.
Some games need to have these data removed and then Re-installed while in debug mode (jailbreak state).

So, if heavy rain seems to need it :
1 - delete installed data (not the dumped game in a backup Manager, only the officially installed data at the top of the PS3 game's menu)
2 - Boot the game using a backup Manager
3 - let the game reinstall the game's data

I don't know if these specific games still need to delete/reinstall the game data.
There were a lot of improvement with backup Managers.
Just try first, maybe you don't need to delete anymore.

Thanks, but this game doesn't seem to be able to work from an external drive
frown.gif

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my 1st PS3 and a P3Go breat GT. I'm using gaia manager, the latest version (1.04.1) with heremes 4b with 3.50 spoof. I have a few questions:
1. After installing Little Big Planet, I started the game with ethernet connection still in and it asked to update software to 1.30 (I assume it would download only game updates). Is it safe to update the game files, or am I taking a chance that my firmware can be updated in the same step?
2. For the life of me, I can get any game to load without a disc in the drive. Is there a trick?
3. In Gaia manager, I turned on direct booting, and before it goes back to the dashboard, is says it can't find the bin file. I assume that the direct boot does not work. After I goto the dash, I can load a game if I have a disc in the drive.

I asked the same questions a week ago, hopefully someone can help me out.
Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It won't download the PS3 Firmware, but if I remember well you can't install game updates directly from the game itself. the installation will fail to start.
I think it's because of the different GameID (using gaia gameID instead of the game).
There are 2 solutions to install game's update :
  • Game update :
    Download homebrew JuicyFix which temporary patch the GameID in memory. Run it just before launching the game.
    Totally UNtested by me. Please let me know if it works "in game" or if it's only for the "Install Package" menu, which is now included in all payloads. See manual update if "in game update" is not working.
  • Manual update :
    - Take the psn link:
    • Go to a website with psn_retail link (this link is legal), search for your game (be sure to take the correct GameID is there are more than one).
      or
    • Use CF3B5's proxy server, configure your PS3 to use this proxy, and when you start the game it will log the correct update link for your game. Download it using your computer's internet browser.
    - Place your .pkg at the root of a FAT32 USB, connect it to PS3, go to "Install Package" menu and select the file to install.
NOTE 1: Some games may not work after installing updates. Some games require Debug updates (Disgaea 3) instead of Retail updates. Some games need file swapping after update (Heavy rain ?).
NOTE 2 : I'm not sure if you only need to install the more recent update, or if you need to install them all in release order. I think the best is to check which one you really need using the Proxy method.

Since PSGroove Hermes 1.1, there's no need to put a disc in the drive. But it's not working for every games. Just enable the "no disc in drive" option in Gaia, and let it that way. If a game refuse to boot, put a disc. or let any disc in the drive, and boot using the "disc" icon instead of the "PS3_GAME" menu.

Direct booting is buggy, it doesn't work with a lot of game. You better not use it at all, just go back to XMB to properly boot a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P