FIXED! Old pages getting completely messed up?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-programming-for-newbies.322106/

Look at it... I mean, just look...

UkExF.png

It's not "partially loaded" either - it just renders this way... not on all pages, but... yeah.

1. The Menu bar renders at the bottom of the screen, not the top.
  2. Fonts are all over the place.
  3. Every single code sample that was is Code tags is broken - each line misses a few signs.
  4. ...you can see the layout with your very own eyes...
  5. Anchors transport you to random places on the site.
Is there any "feasable" way of saving this, or do I have to re-write everything?

The same problem occurs in Chrome and IE, didn't test it on Firefox...

I'd also like to note that this is a "recent" development - two updates ago, the Index page looked just fine, although the Code parts were messed up from the start.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
xenforo seems to parse HTML in a different manner to IPB (which is to say it does not) and furthermore it seems to have an issue when it converted I think it > or some similar type of closing bracket.

If you click reply (it should still be there among it all) you can get a sample of your old code. From there all that ones of mine I have done thus far were able to be sorted with a few regex replacements and looking at yours it should be even nicer (somehow I ended up with a bunch of HTML but quoting yours seems to just net old BBcode).

Edit- I say regex, unless you are being a tart and trying to do italics and bolds at the same time you are probably good to use basic notepad search and replace.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Yeah. It's broken for me too. Kinda like someone puked divs all over the screen and called it a day. Are there any other threads this is happening on?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
xenforo seems to parse HTML in a different manner to IPB (which is to say it does not) and furthermore it seems to have an issue when it converted I think it > or some similar type of closing bracket.

If you click reply (it should still be there among it all) you can get a sample of your old code. From there all that ones of mine I have done thus far were able to be sorted with a few regex replacements and looking at yours it should be even nicer (somehow I ended up with a bunch of HTML but quoting yours seems to just net old BBcode).
Meaning I have to practically copy-paste my way out of this and manually check all code sections for missing information? Well, that sounds lovely... *sighs* well, I am enjoying Xenforo so-far and I'm getting used to it really quickly, so I can believe how it will look "better" eventually, but as a naturally lazy person, I fear the newly-found workload. :P

That, and I've put a lot of work into this guide - it feels a lot like seeing my beloved baby getting its face cut severely. Another thing I fear is that there may be some tags in the replies, not my own posts, and I won't be able to fix them unless I trouble the members who posted them.

Guess I'll just have to follow your example and attempt sorting it out, thanks for the reply.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the second post I gave it a quick go

Edit- removed quote of post- seems to be the anchor tags that cause the troubles although I also removed the left align stuff.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For the second post I gave it a quick go

Edit- removed quote of post- seems to be the anchor tags that cause the troubles although I also removed the left align stuff.
Oh, I don't know if it's even worth the bother FAST - I just found out that certain chapters are only partially imported - for example Chapter 3 ends on the first set of Arithmetic Operators wheras the full version had all operators covered...

...meaning that I'll have to dig out the backups which I may or may not have and replace whatever's in the guide as of now, then proof-read it again as I remember editing the posts often. That, or I'll re-type everything from the .PDF version... Jolly fun.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah same issue here it seems. Hopefully tj_cool or Costello can help here. I see the former is online and may have even ninja'd me.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah same issue here it seems. Hopefully tj_cool or Costello can help here. I see the former is online and may have even ninja'd me.
I swear, I could kill just to get a full dump of that single thread, preferably in plain text so that I can copy-paste my way out of this jam. Quite a lot of pages accumulated there and editing all this just doesn't seem feasable when I'm still working on new chapters at the same time...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Something wrong? :creep:
Honestly? I cry everytiem I see that page. ;O;

EDIT: *Gasps loudly* It... it works... it's fixed! The layout no longer burns my eyes!

Alright, whom should I give a hug for this? I'm loving it, thank you so, so much! tj_cool, if that was you, you're godlike to me - you saved me lots and lots of grief! Now all I have to do is re-implement the missing data from broken chapters, that's just a minor inconvenience compared to the previous absolute headache! This is great! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM