Hardware Old Nintendo 3DS not turning on, just showing blue light(a9lh, old luma3ds)

tetofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've been using my old 3ds with a9lh for a long, long time(started with migrating from gateway to aureinand). I do not even remember whether I updated to luma3ds or not(assuming that yes). What I know for sure is that I didn't update it to boot9strap. So, here is a problem: Recently I've lost my SD card and now I've got no backup at all. So I've found another card and tried to copy old version of luma3ds(7.0.5) to it - arm9loaderhax.bin, boot.firm and any other suggested by official guides files but my console is not booting at all - just a led flash blinking. I've tried another versions of luma but they didn't work too(some old versions are not even downloading from official repository). Any button combinations are not working either. The only one that is working is HOME + power - led light flashes, not blinks, but my screen remains black. My card is 64 GB FAT32 formatted. Could you please help me somehow?

Last edited by tetofa,

tetofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thank you for so fast reply, I will start following this guide right now
looks like f3x is not working on macOS Mojave, I'm afraid I'll have to bootcamp my MacBook in order to check my sd card with h2testw. I'll try it tomorrow
UPDATE: Seems like h2testw works fine from wine on macOS. Testing my card right now

Last edited by tetofa,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like f3x is not working on macOS Mojave, I'm afraid I'll have to bootcamp my MacBook in order to check my sd card with h2testw. I'll try it tomorrow
UPDATE: Seems like h2testw works fine from wine on macOS. Testing my card right now
Oh, not Windows. MiniTool Partition Wizard doesn't apply for you. To reformat the card, use Disk Utility (Mac).

tetofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Oh, not Windows. MiniTool Partition Wizard doesn't apply for you. To reformat the card, use Disk Utility (Mac).
yup, I've already used Disk Utility to reformat my card, but also encountered an issue with f3x - the utility is not starting at all on latest MacOS Mojave. Since I didn't find any other versions of this tool, I'm testing right now my card with h2testw running through wine (windows emulator)

tetofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
There was a freeze while running write operation by h2testw and right now my sd card is really broken...not sure whether it was broken from the begginning.. I'll try to recover my 3ds tomorrow with another sd card. Not sure if I want to run h2testw again...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a freeze while running write operation by h2testw and right now my sd card is really broken...not sure whether it was broken from the begginning.. I'll try to recover my 3ds tomorrow with another sd card. Not sure if I want to run h2testw again...
H2testw is the most important step because of rampant fake capacity SD cards and to ensure it's not faulty (ie, dead memory cells). Do not skip.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: tetofa

tetofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
H2testw is the most important step because of rampant fake capacity SD cards and to ensure it's not faulty (ie, dead memory cells). Do not skip.
Ok, but I'd rather install plain windows than use wine or any other virtual machines to run it next time..

tetofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sorry, none of this helped. My 3ds keeps flashing with LED light. SD card test showed that everything is ok, and I did everything according to your instruction

I also have a blue GATEWAY card, maybe it could help me to unblock my console somehow

Last edited by tetofa,

tetofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
UPDATE: I just used an SD card from my Nintendo Wii system and everything works as expected. Probably there was a problem with my card reader. Thanks TurdPooCharger for help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: