Old mod, want to install new WADs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by samboni, Apr 21, 2015.

1. samboni
    OP

samboni Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2013
    United States
    I softmodded my Wii at least a couple years ago, maybe more. HBC is on version 1.1.0, System Menu 4.3U. I don't remember what I did or didn't install into it when I did the mod originally. I have a USB loader installed onto it. Anything you guys know of I should do before installing these WADs to make sure I don't brick the Wii? As I said, I have no memory of what I installed and what I blew off as a "I'll never need that".

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    http://www.hacksden.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=149
    download it, launch it on homebrew channel.
    send me the report. i will create a zip ready to put on the sd card.

or if you preefer to do it yourself, use modmii and re-hack the console again.. its simple. and you can skip the nand backup process (if you already have one made)

3. samboni
    OP

samboni Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2013
    United States
    OK, I ran it, here's the file it put on the SD card afterward. I changed the file type to TXT since it seems I can't upload a CSV file...

Since I don't have a NAND backup (I made one, but lost it) I guess I should make another?

EDIT: I decided to look at ModMii, it seems pretty simple to do, so I'm going to use it and I'll update on how it goes.

Attached Files:

4. samboni
    OP

samboni Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2013
    United States
    Since it's been a little while I'm going ahead and making this a new post:

ModMii worked great, Wii is re-hacked, priiloader installed, Bootmii boot2.... all that good stuff. Thanks for the help!