Old m3 real vs. new m3 real vs. iTouch?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Bluntsly, Aug 26, 2008.

Aug 26, 2008
  1. Bluntsly
    OP

Newcomer Bluntsly Member

Canada
    I have two M3 real's, one from a few months ago and one that I just recieved along with an iTouch ds. Both M3 real's have the same chip inside (BP3E). I notice the new m3 real has the same plastic casing as the iTouch, and is slightly different in shape and color than the old m3 outer casing. However, the iTouch has a that little bump under the front sticker which leads me to believe the iTouch chip is different than the M3. I'm wondering what the differences are in the chips, considering there is such a big price difference? I mean, now that you can run sakura on the iTouch.. is there really any advantage to the M3?

(If your curious as to why I have three flashcarts, I purchased the iTouch for my gf's coworkers son, the M3 real perfect bundle becuase I wanted GBA compatability and my GF wanter her own flashcart.)

2. powerpuff

Newcomer powerpuff Advanced Member

United States
    Since the iTouch won't run the "official" M3 DS Real firmware, one would presume that it's not quite up-to-par. It only runs Sakura because of a hack, and IIRC there's stuff that doesn't work. Just get the M3, it's not THAT much more ($10?)

3. Bluntsly
    OP

Newcomer Bluntsly Member

Canada
    I have an M3, two in fact, just curious as to what the differences were and why the new m3's have the same casing as the iTouch, yet the same chip as the older ones. I know they're made by the same company so I guess it's just simpler to have to manufacture one casing.

4. powerpuff

Newcomer powerpuff Advanced Member

United States
    You've pretty much hit the nail on the head. Not only are they made by the same "company", they are in fact just borrowing time from someone's fabrication plant, since they don't move these things in any kind of real volume.

5. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    iTouch runs hacked Sakura, and therefore it will need a new hack on every firmware update or every Service Pack!!
    It's not advisable to get itouch if you're planning on using Sakura, as hacks aren't reliable at all!!
    ALso, M3 Real works much better with GBA Expansion, and new batches are slimmer and sturdier than previous ones and iTouch!!

6. Bluntsly
    OP

Newcomer Bluntsly Member

Canada
    Thats odd becuase I recieved an iTouch with an M3 real perfect bundle this week from DX and the M3 and iTouch have the same shell, are there even newer m3's that are more sturdy?

7. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Actually, if you just ordered, it could be that they actually make the new ones with the same shell as iTouch.....I know that M3 Real used to be sturdier, but I guess they are evening them now.....Still, you have to hack Sakura to run it on iTouch, so, I prefer M3 Real, but there are people who will appreciate lover price of iTouch!! [​IMG]

8. AXYPB

Member AXYPB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Do the new batches of M3 Real load the MicroSD on the side instead of the top?

9. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Nope, it's only Sakuras design...New M3 Real batches only have a new Sakura logo on..