Old lady selling her granddaughter exploitable new3ds do i go for it?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Amapola62, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Amapola62
    OP

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    It's sold for 81 euros on e-bay (82 now since I put a bid for it) with 10 euros shipping and it comes with 9.0-20E...do I go for it now that I got some money for my birthday ? i would have prefered an original 3ds since I could have the latest emunand but that one is cheap for what it is...

2. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2009
    New 3DS is better in every aspect plus like you said. It's cheaper. I hope that seller is legit though. Good luck on that one.

Ammako likes this.
  3. Jacklack3

Jacklack3 ( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    In your basement Dick Size: 5 meters.
    GET IT! The New3DS can handle more things. So you could play GBA roms at a fast speed!

4. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    Not in every aspect though, the 3DS Audio Chip of the N3DS is arguably worse than the original 3DS, this was a given since the 3DS XL had a Nerfed Audio Chip compared to the original, and the N3DS practically reused the same nerfed chip, so, for audiophiles like me, the O3DS is better in that regard, and don't forget the fact that the N3DS can't surpass Emunand over 9.5, and as such all the games have to be played firmware spoofed.

But as a choice, yeah, go for it, New 3DS consoles in 9.0 and 9.2 are getting rare as time goes on, so, pick that choice and enjoy what you can from it.

Ammako likes this.
  5. Amapola62
    OP

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    Wow...and now I got an answer from someone selling a blue aqua 03DS and that one is STILL version 1.1 !

6. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    lol 82€for n3ds .... damn nice

Ammako likes this.
  7. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    Neat!, you could buy both the O3DS and the N3DS, an O3DS with that firmware would attract people interested in having NAND Dumps of it, the 3DSBrew Scene would be pretty interested in checking those, but if that isn't your coup of the tea, well, as i said before, unless you're really an audiophile like me, the best bet (in your case) would be a N3DS, though, it's kinda dangerous updating an Emunand to 9.5 from what i heard, so, it's at your own risk.

8. Amapola62
    OP

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    Got outbidded and it's now 92+ euros should I continue trying to bid for it ? The good think about it was the price but if I end up paying my maximum price...120euros that might not be worth it...considering I won't be able to system tranfer my 9.9blue aqua 3ds to it and then sell said 3ds for some money...

9. Kartik

Kartik Gbatemp advanced fan

Jun 6, 2015
    India
    github
    Its still worth after all you can get yourself a cfw and install a cia manager and cia=profit!!!

10. Amapola62
    OP

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    Welp got outbidded at the last minute. So I'm still looking for an exploitable 3ds for 120euros maximum.

11. Misledz

Misledz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2015
    Pretty nice offer, I thought it was the old lady selling her grandaughter for an exploitable 3DS. now that's news worthy

DayVeeBoi and Lycanroc like this.
  12. Jacklack3

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    I bet i know the guy who buy her granddaughter. *cough*@Cherry_Pie*cough*

13. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    honestly spend more if you have too. I spent £170/240eu for a N3DSXL recently. But I had the guarantee it was unopened and new. Came with 9.0EU FW worthwhile buy thanks to cias/hombrew and i finally got NNID to work on it finally lol, already wanting to replace the 32gb sd card in it almost full. (price was a bargain it was the gold majo mask XL XD)

CFW outweighs the cost of the device depending on its uses. your only issue would be getting your system transfer to work. I heard you can doa system transfer to EMUnand aswell as an option. its all about the saves.

Good luck with getting a nice purchase it will be money well spent.

14. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Too bad, @Cherry Pie , I know that granddaughter might have seemed a very good investment, but buying people is wrong!

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Dec 1, 2015
  15. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The University of Shitpostology
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

cearp likes this.
  16. Jacklack3

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada

17. SirByte

SirByte GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Canada
    Yeah ppl on ebay are usually bidding at the very end of auctions, and an exploitable [o|n]3DS is worth more money than a newer one (even though with the new Sky3DS+ you can still conveniently run backups).

18. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    call me lame if you guys want but i say the op should get a o3ds for the fully updated emunand
    is the o3ds a weaker console? yes, but most cfw was written for it so you can (almost) always count on all its features to work
    that being said on n3ds games will load faster and homebrew will benefit from the stronger processor as well

Ammako likes this.
  19. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    The original 3ds plays GBA roms perfectly too?

Ammako likes this.
  20. hacked Pikachu

hacked Pikachu Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    JUST DO IT! DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS!