Hacking Old homebrew'd wii at 4.1U, looking to update the IOS56

reginator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I recently got an old Wii from a friend which he homebrewed ages ago, and hasn't done any updates. I was looking to play a couple backups of games which i've bought on my parent's wii, but on finally getting them installed i'm getting the number 2 error with the blue screen, which my research says means the ios is out of date, and the one in question is IOS56.

i've read the guides and none seem to adress my particular situation, and im really a little too anxious to try wiping this wii and starting from scratch, since I am not sure what he has had installed already. Is there a simple way to update the IOS56 through a wad or a .dol?

reginator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Downloading MMM now, is there anything else I need to obtain beforehand? Which is the option for IOS56 in the program, or will that be pretty clear? Sorry wanting my hand held, everything I know i've picked up in two days, my eyes are starting to melt on me I think, haha.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Downloading MMM now, is there anything else I need to obtain beforehand? Which is the option for IOS56 in the program, or will that be pretty clear? Sorry wanting my hand held, everything I know i've picked up in two days, my eyes are starting to melt on me I think, haha.
It's cool. Just select IOS Manager, 56, and Install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.