Hacking OLD Decrypted Games/Getting HBC on IOS58

Caderyn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I start, no one on wiihacks.com knows what I'm talking about, besides getting my HBC onto IOS58 (still not done), and one guy cut me off short and closed my thread because I didn't reply to his post... when I really did (just didn't use the quote button). Please cut me some slack with this. It's a bit of an issue for me because I don't have access to my original, and I'd rather not have to spend another xx hours waiting for data to transfer if I can just backtrack a little.

I don't know if anyone remembers a little program called "Wii Backup Creator" and "Super DVD Dumper", but they were used before USB loading was even an option (USB support was unexplored at that time). Read step 4. The hosted file isn't available anymore, or else I'd just download that and it would probably work...

I used to have to put my original disc into the Wii and load the dumping program, select how I wanted to dump, and it gave me an ISO. This ISO would have to be run through backup-creator.exe using the command line in Windows. backup-creator would create another ISO (named partition.iso) which would be burned to the DVD, then the Wii backup launchers would be able to read it.

Today, when I put one of these discs into NeoGamma it says:
Title: blah-blah-title (decrypted)
and eventually gives me DVD Identify failed.

From what I recall, the coder of NeoGamma (I'm sorry for not remembering names) changed the code of his launcher, and made it known that these "decrypted" games would no longer be [properly] supported.

Does anyone remember what NG version read these decrypted discs? Or was it the IOS? I can't remember what exactly changed over the years, but I remember one day everything DVD backups changed for the better.

I have the DVD dumper and dumped the image of the backup, but Cfg USB Loader says "Not a Wii Disc" (on USB and disc loading), WiiFlow says pretty much the same thing, and as said before NG gives me "DVD Identify failed".

I'm hoping to figure out how to get my Wii to read this disc again, like it did back in like *correction* '07-'08 lol.

My system is an LU35. I can post a SysCheck if need be. This is a rather difficult thing for me to search for because it's such old information. I've been looking for like 10 days now and I can barely find anything
frown.gif

Any help would be appreciated (along with getting my HBC on IOS58. It likes to jump from 61 to 38 whenever I reinstall it.) The IOS issue is a side issue, so I can post that somewhere else if it'll get too confusing...

Also I apologize in advance if I don't use the quote button. I usually use it when I'm replying to a post at least 2 before my response. I'm not really up on my forum-etiquette.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://gbatemp.net/t158884-neogamma-thread

WiiPower made neogamma and I'm pretty sure it still reads decrypted disks (although I cant remember the last time I played from a disk?!?!).

EDIT: changelog for R6 -> R7
QUOTE said:
- Cleaned up code for decrypted discs

but no mention of removing decrypt support in any newer changelogs ....

I'm using R9 beta 50 from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?80e030vuzzunwc8
(there was an UNDECRYPT.exe floating about a while back which i have never tested, but it supposedly undoes what the old decrypters did, google it (i cant seem to find it) and use it to re-rip back to PC and inflate the image for use on HDD's)

No USB loaders will accept decrypts for sure, you need 1:1 rips afaik for a copy to be ripped by a usb loader like wiiflow etc.

Have you even installed IOS58? It is included in 4.3 update (you didnt mention your system menu version) but If not dont update to 4.3 use this instead: http://www.4shared.com/file/8ISgM2HJ/Ios_58_Installer.html (or even better modmii), then reinstall latest HBC.

EDIT 2: after an hour trying to remember it should be THIS: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EVMFMMLB its bunpatcher.exe to undo what the decrypter did!
props go to TUEIDJ for uploading it in this thread (http://gbatemp.net/t148794-converting-decrypted-isos-to-wbfs?) ages ago!

Should be able to rebuild to wbfs at very least, and convert to rebuilt iso one way or another.

Hope this helps!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Decrypted discs might be broken in the latest NeoGamma, i'm not sure. If they are, it could be a libogc issue, but doesn't has to.

You also need a cIOS that supports decrypted discs, if any of the later cIOS broke the support, i don't know which. Also anything else than base IOS38 seems to be bad for decrypted discs.

Caderyn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both for the info! I just ran ModMii and it installed HBC to IOS58 (it also messed up my GC backup [don't care right now] loading capabilities, but I think I just have to go back over the install instructions. I still have MIOS v10). I did have IOS58 installed before running ModMii, though, but I don't think it was patched right because HBC wouldn't install to it.

OK let me try to get my responses correct, I'm currently on my phone. Babysitting my nephew at my sisters and I forgot my laptop charger :/ I don't think the Wii browser will letme download stuff like this...

@KiiWii
Thank you so much for the link! I'll try it when I get home. Super hopeful now! Right now I'm using NeoGamma R9 b47.

@WiiPower
So basically this means just trying different cIOS revisions on top of IOS38 (know if those revisions are still hosted on here/elsewhere?)? I did have d2x installed but I don't think I patched it to 38 in the right slot. I think I had 38 at 250. I have the d2x v6 installer on my SD so I'll try that now and edit this response with the results. My guess is it would be the IOS because the backup loader has to go through an IOS to read the disc right?

[Update] I installed d2x v6 on 38 in slot 249 and I still get Identify Failed. I might be able to get on my bro-in-laws computer and use the converter. Its on a flash drive I have with me
happy.gif

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I cant find any old disks decrypt or otherwise, so i cant test ...
frown.gif

Try dx2 v6 using 56 and/or 57 (249 as 56 and 250 as 57 is standard now but neogamma only read 249 afaik, so switch between the two in the one slot for testing) and report back!

Caderyn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okey dokey... I tried dx2 (woops) on 56 and 57 in slot 249 for NG, but neither worked.

On a brighter side, the bunpatcher ran flawlessly and I'm copying the new image to flash atm. I'll edit this post with the results!

[Update] Configurable USB Loader didn't like the new image on NTFS (I have 2 SDs with 2 versions of cfg loader, one I know has NTFS support because I changed it, but I don't know if it's on the right IOS. The other was prepared by ModMii and I only updated the software). I'm going to convert my USB drive to wbfs and convert the ISO into wbfs and see if that works.

[Update] SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used bunpatcher to fix the iso, then Wii Game Manager to format wbfs and convert the iso to wbfs split in 2GB parts, and finally cfg usb loader v67 to load! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! Now I can get ALL my games on an external
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end