Hacking Old cartridge new battery, new sd card, new firmware need help

NecroCombine666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So update, formatted SD to Fat32 then dropped the new kernel on there or is it firmware? Either way its ezfla_up.bin onto the card, popped the adapter in then the mini then turned it on and held down R and I get a black screen. Just to clarify is it hold R from power on/logo or black screen? Maybe I didn't replace the battery properly? Does anyone know if the company could set me straight if I sent it in?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So update, formatted SD to Fat32 then dropped the new kernel on there or is it firmware? Either way its ezfla_up.bin onto the card, popped the adapter in then the mini then turned it on and held down R and I get a black screen. Just to clarify is it hold R from power on/logo or black screen? Maybe I didn't replace the battery properly? Does anyone know if the company could set me straight if I sent it in?
What flashcart is this?

NecroCombine666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
32 GB

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201230-232648.png
    Screenshot_20201230-232648.png
    2 MB · Views: 169

NecroCombine666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right so editing the previous post here after a couple days of issues I've still got some tinkering to do.

I ordered a new shell because I figured that would be a fun little project I also ordered a new battery. I thought maybe the cheat database and art databases weren't working due to the skin I was using but I was informed that easy flash iv will not run either of those so now I'm doing easy flash Omega which should get here when my shell and battery does.

I'm going to assume that that should just literally be popping the memory card into the new version and hopefully I don't have to do anything wild or maybe just copy and pasting my contents into the new version?

Outside of that I have a small list of game-based issues to try and fix

Fix snes (can get game selection screen then nothing)
Fix gbc (cannot write to nor or other memory option)
Fix nes
Fix mother 2 (game plays til after naming and pans over the town and freezes. Music still plays but no response after. )
Pokemon (I have a version with a trainer attached just selecting free Pokemon items gives me massive slowdown in battles especially loading into battles. other cheats seem to freeze the game as soon as the battle screen fades in.)
Boktai (bok Tai 2 I got to somehow run very oddlywith a solar sensor patch but didn't really play along enough to understand the mechanics of the patch or the game itself. Boktai 2 gives me a almost non-existent attempt to run then once the opening story info starts after two screens it says sensor is broken.

and it looks like I missed the fact that my final fantasy 3 translated for NES is only the translation patch so I need to reapply that and rerun pocketnes

Last edited by NecroCombine666,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn