Hacking Old 3DSXL doesn't turn on anymore, really need help!

LeoSantaFerr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone, months ago I made a similar thread explaining my problem.

Hi everyone, well I charged my 3ds XL recently didn't touch him in months and after charging and turning on I left it overnight.

The next day tried to turn it again and the light turned on and the off in seconds, with no luck trying again.

Even removing the SD Card the system wont boot, no lights this time.

Exploring my SD card on the computer i've seen a text file updateluma, which described that my luma 8.1 version failed to download the 9.0.

Even downloading new boot archives caused nothing, only one time i could reach GodMode but only for some seconds.

Can this be the battery? Or just some confusion with Luma boot? Please, some enlightenment!

So i finally got a multimeter, checked my battery and its fine with an output of 4,2 V. Opened the 3DS and all the cables seems connected and without damages.

Bought a new SD, just to make sure that the ones I had were not corrupted, and still no luck.

Please a kind soul can give some support in how to fix this brick?

The old thread can be seen here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/really-...ld-3ds-xl-please-someone.562093/#post-9009243

If anyone needs more info.

Last edited by LeoSantaFerr,

LeoSantaFerr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi TPC, thanks again. No, not anymore, the last time it turned on I got the CFW menu (i think) and chose to backup NAND or something like that. It failed and now doesn't turn on anymore, this was months ago.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi TPC, thanks again. No, not anymore, the last time it turned on I got the CFW menu (i think) and chose to backup NAND or something like that. It failed and now doesn't turn on anymore, this was months ago.
Test the F1 + F2 microfuses for continuity with your multimeter.
If you need help finding F2 on the o3DSXL, take a close-up picture of the motherboard around the (POWER) button area *and upload the picture here.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: LeoSantaFerr

LeoSantaFerr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can you show us the root of your sd card? What exactly happens when you turn on the console?

Nothing, not even the LED turns. Of course, here.

@TurdPooCharger The orange LED is fine when charging, I'm gonna open him later and send the photos. But everything seems fine internally.

Attachments

• 3ds root.jpg
    3ds root.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by LeoSantaFerr,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing, not even the LED turns. Of course, here.

@TurdPooCharger The orange LED is fine when charging, I'm gonna open him later and send the photos. But everything seems fine internally.
Okay, then it's probably not the fuses.

Check if the golden contact patch has shifted out of place or if the sticky residue underneath smeared itself between the inner metal dome and board surface.

o3DSXL_power_button_contact.png

You may need to reseat the patch or replace it with a new one. I think replacing it might involve soldering.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...