Hardware Old 3DS XL screen decoloring

pkmb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
While opening my 3DS last week (just to replace the circle pad) I had to drill the screws on the right side because they just wouldn´t come out. It was usable and just moving a bit, so I decided to leave it like that until I received the replacement screws. I have been playing all week no problem.

So I turned it on this morning, and when touching the touch screen the console shut down. I figured it would be the loose battery, but in the process of opening the outter case and seeing I was right, there were a couple more forced shut downs. When I powered it up again, both screens had weird (like more white) colors and vertical very fast moving strips (much more noticeable on the touch screen).

I have tried EVERYTHING: recalibrating the battery, formatting SysNand (I have arm9loader btw) and opening it and checking the wires (everything is in its place, touching them doesn´t make a difference)

I didn´t touch anything else when checking the battery, so I really don´t understand what may be the issue causing this, and I don´t want to spend >50 on new screens/motherboard just to see that wasn´t the cause of the problem.

Help please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it