Old 3ds XL grey screen on SafeCTRTransfer

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Patuli, May 6, 2017.

1. Patuli
    OP

Patuli Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2014
    Mexico
    I'm using the guide at 3dsguide and i'm stuck in safecrttranfer
    I followed the steps decribed for old 3dsxl 4.2.0-9u.
    Section II - Launch SafeCTRTransfer
    in this section, i tried every url (the 3 that work) and the system always go to a grey screen and tell me that a problem ocurred, forcing software to close, the system will now restart.
    tried cleaning the browser as the faq suggest for problems, and still got the same results!

I read another similar problem here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/a9hl-old-3ds-xl-grey-screen-on-safectrtransfer.467014/

so I tried using my supercarddstwo to use the safectrtranfer.nds profile option, used the first option
    >4.x SafeCtrTransf<
    whit the same result as others users in that post. grey screen the old3dsxl asking me to close the software and restart the system. the opening in the other thread says,
    that he haves a gateway launcher and that was his problem, im not using gateway!
    Another user says that the new version fixed is problem
    tried both the v0.05 and the v0.0.4 same result grey screen an error ocurred the system will now restart.
    So I'm clueless as what is wrong? the steps are very simplistic at that point, so I don't know whats the problem here!
    Anyone can help me out?

Last edited by Patuli, May 6, 2017
  2. Patuli
    OP

Patuli Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2014
    Mexico
    already tried that, the steps are very simplistic, at that point, reformat my system sd(fat 32), put the files in the CTRTransfer,folder: 2.1.0 .bin and .bin.sha, Launcher.dat and SafeCTRTransfer.dat
    Launch the browser and go to one of the following URLs on your device (tried three of that because the gateway one was not working)
    tried the troubleshooting guide:
    a browser exploit is not working
    1.Launch the browser, then launch the browser setting
    2.Scroll to the bottom and Initialize Savedata (it also may be called Clear All Save Data
    3.Try the exploit again

same result grey screen, problem ocurred restart the sytem!

3. Patuli
    OP

Patuli Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2014
    Mexico
    the 4 files are inside the folder CTRTransfer, on the root of the sdcard, my guess is that as the other two users, I will have to wait until a new version comes up

4. Patuli
    OP

Patuli Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2014
    Mexico
    Damn I'm and idiot! thanks for your help, now everything is working, again thank you very much!