OLD 3DS XL 4.5.0-10u AND GW3D 9.4.0-21U

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AndyTheFiredog, Sep 22, 2016.

1. AndyTheFiredog
    OP

AndyTheFiredog Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2014
    United States
    Hey all,

Been out of it for a little under two years and now my son is old enough to play on the 3DS XL so I'm trying to get this up to date for him.

I've read as much as I could, but I'm so overwhelmed with where to begin. I'd like to get it to the most compatible and easiest to launch .3ds roms for him. It would be a great bonus if it could play .cia as well.

Anyone know how to get this system current?

Thank you!

Oh and this unit was also hacked by Hundshamer for me years ago with a 4-pin interface to make it permanently hackable ;-) Just lost as to where to begin and how to best do this.

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Follow the guide in my sig, you will be very pleased with the end result c:

3. AndyTheFiredog
    OP

AndyTheFiredog Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2014
    United States
    haha proflayton, that guide is actually the first thing I read. I get hung up right at the Decrypt9 step, the browser fails to load and spits back an error. Clearing out cookies, initializing, etc doesn't allow it to happen either.

4. AndyTheFiredog
    OP

AndyTheFiredog Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2014
    United States
    I'm reading all over the place that I basically don't even need gateway3ds anymore for 3ds game backups. The gang up I'm having now Is how to go from what I've got to Luma3DS.

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you still have the Gateway blue card, you can use Decrypt9 (MSET) instead of the browser.

6. AndyTheFiredog
    OP

AndyTheFiredog Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2014
    United States
    Thank you,

I looked for it quickly this morning before work but couldn't find it. I'll try the browser method one or two more times, I'd really like to get it to just run 3DS backups for him that I copy to the SD card with as few steps from powering on to gaming as possible.

7. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    The MSET Install for Decrypt9 is on the download. It should be something like "Decrpyt9.nds"

8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I think maybe he meant he couldn't find his DS flashcart.

9. AndyTheFiredog
    This message by AndyTheFiredog has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 23, 2016, Reason: No linking to Launcher.dat -rp.
    Sep 23, 2016
  10. AndyTheFiredog
    OP

AndyTheFiredog Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2014
    United States
    Ok. I've completed all the steps up to
    Section IV - Restoring the System

I don't want to restore the system, what I really want to do is get rid of emunand. I'm now trying to do the firmware update but keep getting "an error has occurred. unable to update." when trying to update the sysnand. The emunand updated fine (accidentally updated, it auto-booted into this first time).

11. Tenshi_Okami

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    I suggest to backup your EmuNAND, backup the SD card, use EmuNAND9 to remove EmuNAND. Restore your SD backup, then use Hourglass9 to restore your EmuNAND backup to SysNAND.

If someone thinks this steps are wrong, explain this better plz

Quantumcat likes this.
  12. AndyTheFiredog
    OP

AndyTheFiredog Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2014
    United States
    There's nothing on the EmuNAND I need or want. I'd like to start fresh without any EmuNAND or data from it.

13. Tenshi_Okami

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Then its better this:

Download 9.2 CTRTransfer, install it using Decrypt9(To SysNAND, not EmuNAND) then backup SD Card and use EmuNAND9 to remove the EmuNAND

If you had a SysNAND backup, then use that insteal of the 9.2 CTR Transfer(Use Hourglass9 to restore SysNAND so you dont lose A9LH)

14. AndyTheFiredog
    OP

AndyTheFiredog Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2014
    United States
    Since I'm not familiar with much of these new tools, I decided to just follow the Decrypt9 guide. It seems like it's very reliable and since the EmuNAND is already at the current firmware, it means one less update.

Halfway through now, will update once complete.

15. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    @AndyTheFiredog
    Just one thing, you can't link to Launcher.dat's, since they contain Nintendo's copyrighted content in it. Thanks.

16. mugendc4

mugendc4 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2007
    United States
    What guide are you following? I'm actually in the same boat and I'm completely lost and haven't touch my O3DS in awhile.

Currently on
    System Nand: 4.5
    Emunand: 10.xx
    Gateway: 3.6.2 launcher

17. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/