Hardware Old 3DS Top screen flickering only when playing retroarch.

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Only problem with Retroarch try both 1.7.8 - nightly, the top screen is randomly flickering brighten - darken render to unable to play. Other 3DS game not have this problem.

Is my O3DS defected?

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Good to know. My o2DS doesn't either. I thought that was missing specifically on the o2DS.

@tomrev, see if the flickering happens with the 3D mode turned off.

Thank you for you help. 3D slider is broken. I turned off 3D by parental control method but it doesn't fix. Could help me test with working 3D slider?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for you help. 3D slider is broken. I turned off 3D by parental control method but it doesn't fix. Could help me test with working 3D slider?
I think RetroArch ignores the parental control's 3d mode set to off. Try putting a piece of electric (black) tape over the front facing camera and see if the flickering goes away.

Reactions: tomrev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks like a kind of promise hack. :D Do you have any guide?
It seems to have hole which I could use needle. I use a needle to pick some convex inside but no luck to find one.
No guide. I'd assume your 3D slider switch's tab piece broke off. Just take something small enough to insert into the hole or cavity and push the switch down until 3D mode is turned off.

Reactions: tomrev

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
No guide. I'd assume your 3D slider switch's tab piece broke off. Just take something small enough to insert into the hole or cavity and push the switch down until 3D mode is turned off.

I tried that but no dice. At least, I know the cause of problem. Maybe I will change the slider in the future. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I think RetroArch ignores the parental control's 3d mode set to off. Try putting a piece of electric (black) tape over the front facing camera and see if the flickering goes away.
that's absolutely idiotic. the old 3ds doesn't have super stable 3d (and even if it had it telling him to turn it off is a better solution).

OP, in retroarch go to settings -> user interface -> 3ds display mode -> 2d

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr