OLD 3DS region change error 005-5958 arm9loaderhax installed

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cubecubec, Sep 29, 2016.

1. cubecubec
    OP

cubecubec Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2016
    Indonesia
    hi guys,i need some help.i've been searching the whole gbatemp forum before i post this thread.

i have a OLD 3DS XL European version (australia),so i had installed arm9loaderhax with plailect guide (thank you for the great tutorial) and then i change the region to USA,everything just going right,but when i wanna connect to Eshop trying to play online,it constantly give me error 005-5958,is there any fix for that? or what happen if i change it back to European version will it fix the error?

anyhelp will be very appreciated thank you

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Did you follow it from here (?): https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing

3. cubecubec
    OP

cubecubec Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2016
    Indonesia
    @proflayton123 yeah,i use that method and it success,but when i wanna access to eshop,error 005-5958 occured.

4. annson24

annson24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2016
    Same thing happened to me twice, the first one I fixed it by restoring back to the original region, deleted eshop data then proceeded with the region change again. The second one I've yet to fix.

5. cubecubec
    OP

cubecubec Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2016
    Indonesia
    @annson24 i open up eshop,trying to change the region,but it block by error 005-5958,i put the same region on setting same as eshop country region,still not working,can you please tell me how you fix it?will be very appreciated....

6. annson24

May 5, 2016
    What I meant was I restored my nand backup containing my original region(in your case its the nand backup with the EU region), then I opened up eshop to delete its data. after deletion, I proceeded in region changing again the 3DS to US.

If you do not have a nand backup that's okay. IIRC, you just have to region change your console back to EU using the EUR ctrtransfer image, open up eshop (it will display an error and will prompt you to exit), exit eshop, then open it up again just to be sure. If eshop successfully opens this time, you can now proceed in deleting its data. After deletion, region change again to US.

7. cubecubec
    OP

cubecubec Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2016
    Indonesia
    @annson24 wow,thanks alot mate,really appreciated for your help.i'll try this method,anyway,this is only works on OLD 3ds right? New 3DS cannot do this method right?

8. annson24

May 5, 2016
    New 3DSes can't access eshop after region change, not unless eshop wasn't opened prior to region changing. Furthermore, if eshop wasn't opened prior to region changing, then this problem won't definitely occur.

cubecubec likes this.
  9. enjoliveur

enjoliveur Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    France
    wrong window:wub:

Last edited by enjoliveur, Oct 1, 2016