Homebrew Old 3ds gives an error to reboot, later unable to boot again. Happened Twice!

Killager1598

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently hacked my old 3DS. The first time I was playing Attack on Titan, and then I receive a error saying to reboot. I did and the 3DS was in a black screen. I booted into Safe mode which fix the problem. Now it happen again today, This time with Fantasy Life. I notice that the 3DS had a green light showing in the Notification light. I booted into safe mode again, but instead it went to the menu. I decide to leave the 3DS for now before the error happens again and bricks my 3DS. Any reason why this happens?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently hacked my old 3DS. The first time I was playing Attack on Titan, and then I receive a error saying to reboot. I did and the 3DS was in a black screen. I booted into Safe mode which fix the problem. Now it happen again today, This time with Fantasy Life. I notice that the 3DS had a green light showing in the Notification light. I booted into safe mode again, but instead it went to the menu. I decide to leave the 3DS for now before the error happens again and bricks my 3DS. Any reason why this happens?
Where did you get the games by chance? If it was a piracy site just say "piracy site". Are they in your region? Also, the 3ds has no safe mode. It has recovery mode, which updates it to the latest firmware followed by a reboot, so that did nothing. Could you also screenshot an error screen just in case?

Killager1598

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the games on Wii U USB loader and packed them into cias, and yes, they are part of my region. I mean recovery mode sorry. I don't have the screenshot of the error sorry. >.<

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the games on Wii U USB loader and packed them into cias, and yes, they are part of my region. I mean recovery mode sorry. I don't have the screenshot of the error sorry. >.<
First of all, if you want piracy, use freeshop. It works in exactly the same way but it's all on the 3ds. Try getting the games from there and see if it fixes the issue. If the issue isn't fixed, screenshot the error when it pops up, or press A to dump it to a .txt and paste it into this thread. Also, you don't need to use recovery mode anymore, as it makes zero difference.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then how come the system leaves the bootloop when I press L+R+Up+A?
Most have missed that then, my bad. Odd. I won't be able to respond for a bit, but could you check your sd card for any of those error dumps? They're super useful. I think they should be somewhere in the luma folder.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D