Hacking Old 3DS and New 3DS XL Data Dilemma

Shadowfied

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so..I've had the first original 3DS model since day 1. When I discovered Loopy's capture cards, I sent mine to get it modded and it has worked perfectly ever since.

2 days ago, I picked up a New 3DS XL Majoras Mask Edition, and it is so much better in every regard, for me, but I have one huge problem, some of you have probably already figured it out.

My old 3DS has a capture board. I stream games and record footage, and wanna keep doing so. Nintendo, as expected, have a retarded system in regards to Nintendo IDs and downloaded games.

Here's the deal...in order for me to use my Nintendo ID on my new system, I have to transfer EVERYTHING, which then wipes my old 3DS. My idea was to still use my old 3DS for streaming, then use my New 3DS XL on trips and when not streaming, but of course, this doesn't work. I've been debating on how I'm gonna go about this. I could transfer my stuff over to the new unit and only use the capture system for physical games, since at least I can swap the physical games back and forth. Of course, this limits me so that I'd need another friend code on that system etc etc....

This is a real bummer for me and it seems like the best option would be to wait for either Loopy or Katsukity to sell their New 3DS boards and get my new unit modded. Then I thought of homebrew and flashcards etc. I know _NOTHING_ about 3DS flashcards / homebrewing (I'm quite experienced in using homebrew for Wii, PS2 and computers and devices in general) but I thought maybe getting a flashcard maybe could help me with this.

Is there any custom firmware or flashcard that could let me move my downloaded games and save games, or perhaps use them on multiple system. I could make / download backups I suppose that the flashcard could run. This way, I wouldn't have to invest so very, very much money for another capture card.

Do you guys have any ideas? Any ideas, suggestions and thoughts are very welcome.

Also, both my systems are on the latest firmware..

Thanks guys.

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You wont be able to use homebrew past fw 9.2. the only working flashcard on the latest fw is sky3ds but it only plays roms and its savegames aren't compatible with retail games or other flashcards. there is another flashcard anounced (dstwo+) but we don't know about release date or features. Best thing for you would be to keep streaming on your old 3ds and system transfer once a capture board for n3ds is released. I hope you find a good solution for your problem!

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, a format doesn't change firmware. You can downgrade up to firmware 9.2 with the gateway launcher. You don't even need the flashcard i think. Above 9.2 downgrade is not possible atm.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Iyou could get a nand mod installed, dump your nand and Sd contents, this will create a image of your 3ds, do a transfer to the.new 3ds, then restore the image. Both console will have access to the games, but just be warned you cannot enable wifi on the.original console as it will delete all the games, you can.restore as often as you like though

Shadowfied

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iyou could get a nand mod installed, dump your nand and Sd contents, this will create a image of your 3ds, do a transfer to the.new 3ds, then restore the image. Both console will have access to the games, but just be warned you cannot enable wifi on the.original console as it will delete all the games, you can.restore as often as you like though

Can I do this even though I'm on 9.5???

Shadowfied

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
:O How?! Please tell me how!

Also, if I buy a new eShop game on my New 3DS....is there any way for me to be able to play that on the old one?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
:O How?! Please tell me how!

Also, if I buy a new eShop game on my New 3DS....is there any way for me to be able to play that on the old one?
Nope it's more of a one time thing, once they are.transferred the backup is locked to the state when dumped, I would say you could system transfer back and repeat but I'm pretty sure you can't do a System Transfer from new3ds to old

Danfirehawks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could call support and say the old system is broken.

They'll transfer your id but the old console will still be able to boot all the games on its current firmware, as long as you don't connect it to the Internet. Then you can download all the games you want on the new one. That's what I did because I didn't want to update my system past 9.2, and that was just an unknown side effect.

And the lock transferring back to an old console is only when you do the transfer yourself, if you call them they'll do it anyway.

Shadowfied

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting, but still problematic.
Oh Nintendo..why are you such shitbiscuits when it comes to anything other than the actual games..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@