LieteFeena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just bought a new 3DS (coral pink) with the firmware 3.0.0-6E
Is there a way to update to 4.x without a catridge game?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It seems you need a Cart Update to 4.x according to:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/9.2.0-Update
Use the Freeway Browser guide if you don't have a DS Flashcart.

I was on 4.5 forever, so I'd better go to 9.2 using that guide, more Homebrew and CFW are ditching 1.x-8.x and only works on 9.0 to 9.2.
Yep, I tried to use Luma3DS on 4.5 with no luck.

I just updated my sysNAND to 9.2 using the guide and didn't brick.
If you aren't afraid of the A9LH route, go that way instead. Found here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Last edited by thekarter104,
Reactions: LieteFeena

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Follow this guide.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It seems you need a Cart Update to 4.x according to:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/9.2.0-Update

I was on 4.5 forever, so I'd better go to 9.2 using that guide, more Homebrew and CFW are ditching 1.x-8.x and only works on 9.0 to 9.2.
Yep, I tried to use Luma3DS on 4.5 with no luck.

I just updated my sysNAND to 9.2 using the guide and didn't brick.
If you aren't afraid of the A9LH route, go that way instead.
You are linking to the old and dangerous guide!

LieteFeena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why not just borrow a game with the desired update?

Also, why 4.x and not go straight to Luma3DS+A9LH?

I wanted to update to 4.x because somewhere I read that this ist the only firmware that allows to enter cfw without the need to use Internet connection :)

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I wanted to update to 4.x because somewhere I read that this ist the only firmware that allows to enter cfw without the need to use Internet connection :)
No, its not the only one. You can use Luma + A9LH to boot it without internet and its way better than MSET(I can see that's the one your using, and MSET is way outdated)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right that you need to update to 4.X-8.X using a cartridge game. Follow this guide to update to 4.X-8.X. There are plenty of popular games your friends likely have that will accomplish this. Check here for which games you might want to use. Once you're on 4.X, 5.X, 6.X, 7.X, or 8.X, it's easy to install A9LH onto your 3DS since you have a browser.

LieteFeena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You're right that you need to update to 4.X-8.X using a cartridge game. Follow this guide to update to 4.X-8.X. There are plenty of popular games your friends likely have that will accomplish this. Check here for which games you might want to use. Once you're on 4.X, 5.X, 6.X, 7.X, or 8.X, it's easy to install A9LH onto your 3DS since you have a browser.

Alright, I will do this, thanks :)
I already have a browser on 3.0.0-6, if it's of any importance :)

I also have a 2DS on FW 8.1 and Emunand 11.1, maybe I can update via Download Play (.cia game)?

Last edited by LieteFeena,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I will do this, thanks :)
I already have a browser on 3.0.0-6, if it's of any importance :)

I also have a 2DS on FW 8.1 and Emunand 11.1, maybe I can update via Download Play (.cia game)?
Your idea to use Download Play might work if you have a Gateway and you use a ROM that's .3ds or .3dz. However, if you try to use the Download Play method with a CIA-installed game, it will just tell you to update in the System Settings. CIA games don't include update files.

If you have a Gateway, you can use the Download Play method using your 2DS and Mario Kart 7 (Mario_Kart_7_EUR_v1_3DS-iND, filename ind-mk71) to update to 4.3.0E. Since you already have the browser with 3.0.0-6E, you will then be on 4.3.0-6E when you're done.

If you don't have a Gateway, you need to find a game cartridge with 4.X-8.X and use that to update.

Last edited by Lacius,

LieteFeena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Your idea to use Download Play might work if you have a Gateway and you use a ROM that's .3ds or .3dz. However, if you try to use the Download Play method with a CIA-installed game, it will just tell you to update in the System Settings. CIA games don't include update files.

If you have a Gateway, you can use the Download Play method using your 2DS and Mario Kart 7 (Mario_Kart_7_EUR_v1_3DS-iND, filename ind-mk71) to update to 4.3.0E. Since you already have the browser with 3.0.0-6E, you will then be on 4.3.0-6E when you're done.

If you don't have a Gateway, you need to find a game cartridge with 4.X-8.X and use that to update.

I only have games installed as cia, can I install a .3ds game with emunand (rxtools)?
Or do I need this Gateway card?
If there's no other way I'll just buy a game to update :)

LieteFeena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks a lot to all of you for your help, I just bought the game New Art Academy with the 4.1.0E update (only one available right now) :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots