Gaming Okay Thats It...

*Layzie*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay thats it....ive given up on the wii

the games are not all that.....i cant really play with my bro that much since i dnt have many 2 player games and i dnt waste my money on a crap one.....nintendo is dropping its quality with all the mp3 loss and all that crapp

So im deciding to sell my wii and buy xbox 360

wat i need help is how much do u think GAME or gamestation or any store wud buy my wii console plus 5 games plus 2 controllers for....i know i shud go to sstore and chek it out but if anybody knows how much they will jus buy the wii for tht wud be good..

i think i got enuf money to buy a xbox 360....ive seen some offers.

oh and also u kno xbox live member fee....im a bit dim on that whole thing....how much do i pay? when do i pay?(monthly) how dus it work.

thanks!

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
did you not hear? Smash Bros is coming to the Wii. And Galaxy is out now and is as good as anything the 360 has to offer.

Buy a 360 sure, there are lots of brilliant games for it. But the Wii is worth keeping around now that things are getting interesting.

Anyway, for xbox live you can buy prepaid cards for it. Either monthly or yearly cards. Yearly is $AU79 I believe.

*Layzie*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yh ive herd bout them

but still i know wat my bro likes hes a xbox type guy if u know wt i mean

he think wii is too much for kids ....ofcouse i disagree but still when my bro dont play it dus get sort of boring....and some games annoy me sometime that the graphics are lik ps2 .....its lik a ps2 with motion sensor

and i kno ppl gona be lik graphics aint everything and stufff but still ive played ps2 for about 4 years of my life....i dont wanna feel lik im playin it all over agen.

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
Best combo my friend is the Wii360 - yes! by all means the XBOX360 got some good games, BUT i also got the Wii cos i have been a Nintendo fanboy since the days of the NES & i KNOW if this is thier BEST selling console yet then they will defo release some AWESOME classics that you'll play for years & years!!!

Get em BOTH i say- worth paying a bit more...

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i don't blame you for selling your wii - it's a waste as a console, 2 maybe 3 games that are worth playing the rest are average, with tacked on motion sensing controls and the like.

buying a 360 will be a better decision than buying a wii, it has a library of quality games with far superior titles than the wii.

gamestation give you half in cash (but you need to provide address details like a bank statement) or a two-thirds in exchange of the retail price of the console. the same for the accessories. hope that helps

apd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

the games are not all that.....i cant really play with my bro that much since i dnt have many 2 player games and i dnt waste my money on a crap one.....nintendo is dropping its quality with all the mp3 loss and all that crapp

So im deciding to sell my wii and buy xbox 360

wat i need help is how much do u think GAME or gamestation or any store wud buy my wii console plus 5 games plus 2 controllers for....i know i shud go to sstore and chek it out but if anybody knows how much they will jus buy the wii for tht wud be good..

i think i got enuf money to buy a xbox 360....ive seen some offers.

oh and also u kno xbox live member fee....im a bit dim on that whole thing....how much do i pay? when do i pay?(monthly) how dus it work.

thanks!

You can get £221 cash and £236 store credit for your Wii alone from cex. If you're adamant on getting rid then take it to your local store or you can do it online.

http://www.cex.co.uk/product.php?sku=SWIIWIIE001

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem with the 360 is that it lacks the games that the Wii has, whereas the Wii lacks the games the 360 has.

I think theres plenty of great games for the Wii but thats my own taste really.

I personally think that you should sell your Wii yourself but next month! Don't go through Game or Gamestation, they suck balls to me. You'll get more money if you sell it yourself, people are still buying Wii's like crazy now, there'll be a shortage so people will be willing to pay a lot for them. 360's are pretty cheap though now so you'll be able to get a console and some great games for it.

senormojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope u like a paper weight i have gone threw 6 xbox 360s all got rrod i had the pro original i had the elit went bad had the halo edition went bad after 2 weeks and 5 hours of play had core went bad and i now have the arcade edition hoping that will last. I have every game made for 360 modded of course thgat why i couldnt do the warranty sold the systems on ebay as is, but mario is better then anything on 360 and medal of honor heroes 2 for wii beats any xbox online game free online and runs so smooth.

*Layzie*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hm i see everybodies point here.....

but still im the type of guy that lik action shoot em up fps type games, so ofcourse graphics is a factor in that.....dnt get me wrong i liked the wii....but it got boring personally....since my bro never played it and some games shudnt have been released for wii cuz they lack the quality

thoraxeimpales

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thoraxeimpales.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

wat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah so only a few real good games have come out for the Wii; metroid prime 3, twilight princess, zak and wiki
and now with Galaxy out what is there not to love?
Everyone is looking forward to Brawl and we(wii) will keep getting more brilliant titles for it.
i think ill remain loyal fan boy

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like FPSs, then get a PC. There aren't many hardcore shooters on 360(and Halo 3 ISN'T hardcore despite what many fanboys think)

crystal107

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
From what I see, you mainly sell the Wii because your brother won't play it lol, I would NEVER sell my Wii for that reason, I'm also nowdays playing mario galaxy and I can't get enough of it - xbox games are much like PC ones - same type.
I have fun playing with friends that are not stuck with the "for kids" title - it's just friendly, and not all blood and stuff - you don't need to kill to be mature.
Actually, yesterday, for the first time my brother actually started playing the wii sports, and I'm SURE he'll play super smash bros brawl when I get it
smile.gif

Anyway, if your taste is about shooting and killing- get xbox360.
If your taste is more thinking and having fun without the need to kill - Wii.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
360 has a lot more games and the games are of better quality but wii has some games that are really good too like SMG...and...umm...SMG...and....uhhhh....

keep your wii til hristmas time then sell it to some parents that one for their kid but can't find in the store...you could get a lot of money for it that way or you could sell it at a fair price and make some kid really happy...dont sell it to a store...

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My friend loves halo, but he got a wii just for brawl (he even said that!). The way he goes on about brawl updates and shit at school, it's like life has no meaning without it!

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
i think you could get more for the wii by selling it on ebay or something rather than selling it to a store

getting an xbox 360 is probably the smartest you can do. got one myself 2 weeks ago and i just love it. with live most of the games never get boring like halo 3 for example (been playing it so much on live i'v only reached the 4th level on the campagin). and now that Christmas is coming around there is allot of great games for the 360 coming out like assasian's creed, mass effect, naruto: rise of a ninja, call of duty 4, FF: XI, Rock Band, guitar hero 3, kane & Lynch: Dead Men and Need for speed: Pro Street. and i think you could get more for the wii by selling it on ebay or something rather than selling it to a store

Note: i have a wii to but it's usually just collecting dust on the shelf

crystal107

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
360 is probably a waste of money if you have a good computer that can play games - most games are exactly like PC games.
If that's the type of games you like - don't spend money on consoles.
I bought my Wii cause the Wii has special games that you will never find to PC - when I say special, I don't mean by graphics or just that it is a new version of some game (GTA), it has unique games that you won't find for PC.
I wouldn't sell my Wii anyways
tongue.gif
But you if you don't like the unique games for the Wii, you better keep the money you get from it lol.

*Layzie*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my pc is crappy lol

its got 512 mb ram and lik 60gb space and its brekin down now lol....i dont think ill be gettin a new pc soon..

and for those who say keep wii and xbox...id lik to do that but i aint got the money lmao....and anyways my mum was lik if ur gettin xbox sell wii u cant have both.

EDIT: oh and i havnt given up on nintendo....i still got my ds and i love it....jus given up on wii as a £170 console....it dusnt really seem all that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but... +1