Gaming Okay, so I met a game producer from Ubisoft Yesterday...

jrk190

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so while I was getting my haircut by this semi-attractive lady at my salon, a guy wearing an E3 Shirt walked in. I asked him where he got the shirt, and he said that he went to the LA E3 with His division from Ubisoft. I asked him what languages they used, and he said C++. I told him I know Java and HTML, and he told me I was on the right track, I just needed to learn C. How can I learn C?

jrk190

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks! Yeah, I'd like to learn some C and C++. He told me that if I learned them, that I'd never have to worry about finding a job.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
C is like a more basic language, it can do a lot of things already by itself, however to do more stuff you'd need to use either C# or C++ (although they're used for completely dif stuff). I recommend learning C and getting used to it before jumping directly into C++, Java (im assuming you mean javascript?) and HTML are nothing like C, be warned. x3
You could also try learning Visual Basic.net and Python, but mostly vb since it's really useful for making programs.

jrk190

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C is like a more basic language, it can do a lot of things already by itself, however to do more stuff you'd need to use either C# or C++ (although they're used for completely dif stuff). I recommend learning C and getting used to it before jumping directly into C++, Java (im assuming you mean javascript?) and HTML are nothing like C, be warned. x3
You could also try learning Visual Basic.net and Python, but mostly vb since it's really useful for making programs.
By java, i mean, the java that is used in programs like Netbeans IDE.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
By java, i mean, the java that is used in programs like Netbeans IDE.
Hmk, I never know which one people mean cuz lots of people refer to javascript with just java. .-.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
C is a great language to pick up early in the process of learning programming simply because it doesn't enforce paradigms on you and doesn't force you to think in a certain way nearly as much as other languages.

My main tip for you is to learn C before C++. This is mainly because ironically, if you start off with C++ you are likely to get stuck writing C-style code (more precisely a bastardization of mixed C- and C++-style code) not making use of the language's more powerful features. If you learn C first you'll be in a much better position to recognize and start using C++'s complex features when it comes to learning that language.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: test what?