Okay, so I got the M3 Perfect...

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Stray, Mar 13, 2007.

Mar 13, 2007
  1. Stray
    OP

Newcomer Stray Member

Canada
    I'm tempted to plug in the M3 and Passcard to see if it'll work, but I'm afraid I might brick the damn thing if I put the M3 in without updating the FW and manager and without an SD card, just to mess around with it until my card comes in.

Any confirmed problems with using the M3 without an SD, or updated FW? Would it even boot without an SD? Do I have too many topics?

2. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    If you're unsure about it, dont even try it. There really is no reason to try, but I do understand your anticipation to try it out [​IMG]

And you can never have too many topics as long as they're legit q's you have AFTER you've searched the forums.

3. Stray
    OP

Newcomer Stray Member

Canada
    Yeah, I have no idea what I'm thinking. If I have doubts, then why risk it?

I plugged in the passcard and it gave me the opening screen, then went black. I assume it's supposed to do that, it is after all, just a code-tricking peice of hardware. If there isnt anything in slot 2 for it to trick, then it won't work, right?

4. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    Correct. Passcard tells the DS to look in Slot-2 for running in DS mode and if nothing is in Slot 2, then it just blanks out. Well, why am I saying this, you just did it XD

P.S. do you plan on using FlashMe?

5. Stray
    OP

Newcomer Stray Member

Canada
    Nooooo sir. The risks in that seem far too great. I was barely able to muster up enough cash for this DS, let alone another if I brick it.

It turns out, actually, that there WAS a GBA game in my DS-- Rockman EXE 4... Wouldnt it boot up RM?

6. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    it boots up but says "no sd card detected" something like that

7. -EX-

Banned -EX- Racer

Japan
    LOL. I can successfully flash any DS even if I'm drunk as the last demon in Hell. You just need to unscrew the battery storage and short the contacts while the program is doing its job. It's almost impossible to brick a DS while doing that.

8. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    I have to correct you. It IS impossible to brick a DS if you RTFM. But yes, people on these boards have plenty of experience with flashing 100%...except poor Julee, what ever happened to Julee anyways?

9. Stray
    OP

Newcomer Stray Member

Canada
    Can you do flashme with a Passcard 3?

10. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    Yup, check out gbatemp.net flashme guide, it'll give you everything you need to know on FlashMe, but if it mentions Passcard2, just replace that with Passcard3 and omit the programming part.

11. Stray
    OP

Newcomer Stray Member

Canada
    Hmm... I'll look into it. I really don't have a problem with having a passcard, but I'll give it a look when i'm home