Hacking Okay I may look stupid, but how do you install yellows8's browser hack?

ryanjf97

not long now...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Welcome to gbatemp where you get harassed for not knowing things because you automatically should have read every other thread and searched through every page.
I've read through every page and every thread and still can't figure it out. I don't think there's anything for the enduser like you and I, yet. I've been able to play pong, but that's about all :P

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read through every page and every thread and still can't figure it out. I don't think there's anything for the enduser like you and I, yet. I've been able to play pong, but that's about all :P
Lol thank you. That's all I wanted. And nice internet speeds mine is like half of that lol :D.

Last edited by BeefBaby,
Reactions: ryanjf97

Meorge

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it has to do something I think, otherwise it's just an exploit. Try the other stuff people have compiled and hosted.
Pong, Hello WOrld, etc
It just loads an mp4 for forever and hangs when I exit. Do you know what the problem is?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would help if people actually click on threads that are right there. If you actually read any of the latest ones, all of this information is on the first like 5 pages or so.

That said, he said talk to him like he's five. So I did. Don't bait if you don't want a bite.

Reactions: henn64 and VinsCool

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, y'all need to chill. Just because he doesn't know doesn't give you a right to harass him for it. If he was your friend in real life, would you say the same rude things to his face? Yeah, I don't think so.

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It just loads an mp4 for forever and hangs when I exit. Do you know what the problem is?
Hangs? I'm pretty sure it's supposed to do that, because you really can't do anything with it besides playing PONG until there's atleast a kexploit. :P

Anyway, the GitHub page says that the exploit "requests MP4s over plaintext HTTP", so that's why the .mp4's are so important. If they hadn't been functional, the exploit wouldn't be working. :D

edit: just as Eliboa said, it's a bunch of preliminary code that needs to be run first, otherwise the IOSU exploit would have no room to be launched from. :P

Last edited by lonemoonHD,
Reactions: BeefBaby

eliboa

Trophies
XP
Country
France

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welcome to gbatemp where you get harassed for not knowing things because you automatically should have read every other thread and searched through every page.
Welcome to the Internet?
I read through the thread and in one page got the idea that browserhax was useless since all I needed to know was in that thread. That was barely harassment, but he still should have explained what was what since you're new to this stuff. The github page wasn't meant for noobs by the way and if you really wanted to know how to "install" then you should probably get your reading allergy checked out.

browserhax is a userland exploit that can do very little, but is regularly used as an entrypoint or gateway (lol) to something more useful. It doesn't have too much control over the system, but can use it get kernel access. This is what most apps made for 5.3.2 need. 5.4 has access to both userland and kernel exploits right now, but the kernel exploit was patched out in 5.5.0. I'm pretty sure any kernel exploit for 5.5 is still private, and we'd need them to do anything interesting.
Unless of course you find browser pong interesting.

You were really asking for it with that explain like you're a 5 year old stuff tho

Last edited by henn64,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool