Hacking Okay, I cannot find a definite answer on this.

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been searching and searching and searching and searching....and searching and I cannot find a clear answer that I feel 100% sure about that helps me with this problem. So I'm going to make a topic. I have gotten "Search, don't make topics" posts in every topic I've made. So I decided to make a topic on this board. Because I am sick of lazy moderators.

Okay, my situation:

So I downgraded my Wii to 3.4u 3.2u awhile ago. I can run both the WII and GCN backup launchers with no problem. I do it all the time. =p However, I've been meaning to install Starfall onto to my wii so I can play games without worrying about updates to cause a brick. However, when I downgraded to 3.2u, my SYSTEM MENU still said 3.4u.

And since my SYSTEM MENU still read 3.4u, I could not download the Starfall app. Also, I can not run GeckoOS OR Ocarina. And yes, I changed the .elf files to .dol files. From my hours of intense google searches (lolwut) I found out that they also are not working ("This is not a viable Wii app.") because my SYSTEM MENU still reads 3.4u.

Now, from what I hear you have to download some CIOS Installer to get the SYSTEM MENU to change. And that is where I'm lost at. I just did some searches of the CIOS Downgrader 1.2 and that just threw me into even more confusion. Can anyone, ANYONE, give me a specific, clear answer on THIS SPECIFIC PROBLEM.

WHAT should I be downloading? HOW do I use it?

I am sick of people linking me to tuts/guides that say, "Well download the CIOS Installer.." etc. Because I have read so many I am completely confused. I need someone who knows EXACTLY what my problem is and can help me before I break something.

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linking me to something isn't going to work. I think I have checked out every link there is to Hacking a Wii. I have read every damn guide there sis to hacking a Wii. Supposedly the app just doesn't show up, you need a bunch of other BS. And that's where a kind-hearted, non-pissy, loving poster comes in and helps me before I punch a baby. I need to know exactly what to do.

D

Deleted User

cIOS Downgrader.

If you cant just search and reading more, you shouldn't be messing with homebrew.

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
If you cant just search and reading more, you shouldn't be messing with homebrew.

This is exactly what I'm not looking for. I came here as a last resort to get away from that. Please don't ruin this for me.

And don't talk to me about searching/reading. I've been on this laptop since 5:30 ish or so looking up all sorts of stuff for Homebrew. It is now 12:27 AM .

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What program did you initially use to downgrade your system menu? AFAIK, this is the only option out there.

D

Deleted User

Well then read more.

cIOS Downgrader is a simple app. If you don't know how to use it, or read some more on how to use it, you are a fail.

Here's a tip:

It is used for changing your firmware.

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS Downgrader v1.1, IIRC.

My Wii is at 3.2u right now. My system menu still reads 3.4u, however.

afif95 said:
Well then read more.

cIOS Downgrader is a simple app. If you don't know how to use it, or read some more on how to use it, you are a fail.

Here's a tip:

It is used for changing your firmware.

Do--Do you know how to read?

D

Deleted User

No, your Wii ain't on 3.2.

Read my post.

cIOS Downgrader differs from IOS Downgrader.

Again, read.

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's your problem. IOS Downgrader downgrades all your IOSs, but it doesn't downgrade your firmware. You have to run CIOS Downgrader to install system menu 3.2 from Nintendo's servers.

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, my Wii is on 3.2. If it weren't, I wouldn't have been able to load the backup launcher. If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that while your Wii is downgraded, your system menu may not change. And that is where I have been at for the past couple of weeks. And this can cause certain apps, such as Starfall/GeckoOS, not to work. Which I am currently working on.

Posts merged

the mario said:
There's your problem. IOS Downgrader downgrades all your IOSs, but it doesn't downgrade your firmware. You have to run CIOS Downgrader to install system menu 3.2 from Nintendo's servers.

Double post. (Sorry moderators) Edit: Automatic post merging. This board is awesome.

D

Deleted User

The whole thing is your problem.
Your Wii ISN'T ON 3.2 it's IOS ARE.

You could even load backups on 3.4.

You are getting the wrong terminology.

Just use cIOS Downgrader.

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have the necessary cIOS if you have backup launcher installed. If it isn't showing up, I can only assume it's a problem with your SD card or your Homebrew Channel.

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Just use cIOS Downgrader.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious! Great work you do!

This topic is about how I should go about using the cIOS Downgrader, IN-DEPTH. Like a mini tut designed for the cIOS Downgrader.

Posts merged

QUOTE(the mario @ Feb 21 2009, 06:52 AM) You should have the necessary cIOS if you have backup launcher installed. If it isn't showing up, I can only assume it's a problem with your SD card or your Homebrew Channel.

Mmm, well this may help you out a bit. When I got the Wii backup launcher, my friend did it for me on his SD Card. (Before I had my own) so I'm almost positive all of that stuff would be on his card, and not mine.

D

Deleted User

As I said, read more.

It would help you out.

Visit some guides that has to do with using cIOS Downgrader. Look at the part on the app.

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
As I said, read more.

It would help you out.

Visit some guides that has to do with using cIOS Downgrader. Look at the part on the app.

It would probably help you out too. If you read my first post, I refuse to listen to anyone who just tells me to read more. I have been reading, if I had found an answer, I wouldn't have made this topic.

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, your friend did it for you. Then I'm guessing you're a newbie to all of this?

You should know that each program needs its own folder in your apps folder, you can't just put the .dol in there. Copy the entire folder you downloaded into apps.

D

Deleted User

Max Deuh.

IF you refuse to read more, you should've stayed away from homebrew.

Please, just take the advice, READ MORE.

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the mario said:
Oh, your friend did it for you. Then I'm guessing you're a newbie to all of this?

You should know that each program needs its own folder in your apps folder, you can't just put the .dol in there. Copy the entire folder you downloaded into apps.

No, no, no.

D

Deleted User

If you would know and really read, the .dol should be named, boot.dol.

You would also learn on how to handle homebrew apps if you read more.

You would also learn that cIOS Downgrader DOES NOT require an special method to run if you read more.

So basically, you didn't read enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too