Okamiden Demo Available Now

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Capcom just put a demo of their upcoming title Okamiden up on the Nintendo Channel, so if you're curious about the DS sequel to the critically-acclaimed Okami, go on and check it out. And if you're not familiar with the Nintendo Channel (as I was surprised to learn that a couple of my friends weren't), it's a Wii Channel that offers up videos of upcoming games, but also a DS Download station in your very own home. Just select the Okamiden demo (or any of the others), turn on your DS Download Play, and it will download the demo right then and there.

The Okamiden demo is naturally quite short, but it takes you through the basics of movement, controls and combat. The stylus is a natural for the Celestial Brush technique, and more accurate than waving the Wiimote around in the air, and pressing L and R pauses the game so you can whip out the stylus, draw what you need, and then put it away. Well, except in combat, where you might as well keep it tucked in your fingers while you attack a few more times before you need it again. The graphics retain the same cel-shaded style, but the smaller DS screen and the overhead view mean they're not as visually impressive. But the only real problem I had with it was moving diagonally felt and animated awkwardly pressing on the D-pad.

But if you've got a DS and a Wii, you can check it out for yourself, and see if you'll want to pick up Okamiden when it comes out on March 15 in the US (March 18 in Europe, and March 31 in Australia).[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspect this game won't be nearly as stirring an experience as the original Okami, but I'm still saddened that it's releasing when it is. It's bound to get completely overlooked and/or ignored due to the 3DS launch. Seems this franchise won't be fully appreciated in its time.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
I suspect this game won't be nearly as stirring an experience as the original Okami, but I'm still saddened that it's releasing when it is. It's bound to get completely overlooked and/or ignored due to the 3DS launch. Seems this franchise won't be fully appreciated in its time.
That and Pokemon. January would have been a better time to launch this.

From what I've played of the Japanese version it could be better but then I couldn't understand a word of it.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool. Wish they did stuff like this more often.

I'll try it out. (Will the Nintendo Channel work on 4.2U?)

Edit:

Eh, I don't even have the Nintendo Channel. It's not even worth it to get it for a 5-10 minute demo.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried it. It was pretty short, and you just get to use 3 Celestial Brush techniques that are exactly the same as in Okami, and you get to engage in one combat. You also get to know how to move the other character (the one on top of Chibiterasu). It lasted like 4 or 5 minutes, not worth it (the demo) in my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over