Hacking Okami NTSC USA Copy on PAL Wii

Ben.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have searched this and come up witha couple similar topics, I'd just like to know if there are any risks of running this NTSC game on my PAL Wii. I can't seem to get a decent PAL copy and none of the shops seem to sell it. Does anyone know of the risks of launching an NTSC game on a PAL system?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ben. said:
I have searched this and come up witha couple similar topics, I'd just like to know if there are any risks of running this NTSC game on my PAL Wii. I can't seem to get a decent PAL copy and none of the shops seem to sell it. Does anyone know of the risks of launching an NTSC game on a PAL system?

If you insert a game from another region than your Wii and it prompts you to update, your Wii will be bricked if you click yes. In order to protect yourself against this, you can either run the game from Gecko OS, then it can't install the update. Or you can install StarFall and disable disc updates. If you run import games on your Wii without modchip you need Gecko OS or StarFall anyways.

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Starfall might help you on this... I'm not sure though... Are you talking about buying the game and then playing it on your wii? If you're creating a backup for the game then i prefer you use the backup launcher .you could maybe do a search and look up starfall and see if it does though.
biggrin.gif
Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: okies :D put 'em here :O