Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okami-video-games-30032193-490-375.jpg
One of Clover Studios (now a days Platinum Games) last games will be having a revival or sorts on the PS3 this year with the release of Okami:HD. Originally released on the PS2 back in 2006 and then ported to the Nintendo Wii in 2008 the game has seen some love as of latley with a NDS sequel. This time around the game will run in 1080p and have an option to use PSMove controls. It will release in fall for $19.99​
source-http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/19/okami-coming-to-playstation-3

Sounds like i have a stocking filler already

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
great a cheap HD port of a dev team they shut down and now take the glory of their work for. Cool capcom, just what we want more of :) maybe they will port RE4 to the vita and wii u next!

Reactions: 1 person

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Finally i was never able to play Okami on PS2 but i played the one on NDS which is nothing compared to the PS2 one :P
I will get this one for sure. :D

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One of the best games of the last Gen (in my Top 10 for sure). Everybody should play this game. Such a masterpiece and don't get me started on the music: pure genius!

i'm glad they actually makes this overlooked gem available again similar to BG&E, since these games defintely deserve big success!!!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really like the name SEN.
Even the official PlayStation site says PSN still.

It's not called "SEN", it's called "PSN". The PSN is just part of the SEN.

On topic though, I wasn't fond of what I played of the game. Felt really boring and the controls for the Wii were horrible. I heard the PS2 controls are better but I still felt the game was drab. Very artsy looking but so are a lot of other, better games.

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does it look worse than putting the PS2 game into a fat PS3? Oh right its a Capcom HD port!

Hopefully the controls won't be as bad as the Wii, version, Ready At Dawn really screwed that version and it looked a bit worse too.

Reactions: 3 people

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Why does it look worse than putting the PS2 game into a fat PS3? Oh right its a Capcom HD port!

Hopefully the controls won't be as bad as the Wii, version, Ready At Dawn really screwed that version and it looked a bit worse too.

The Wii version could have been acceptable if Ready At Dawn didn't shoehorn half-haphazardly the motion controls, left Classic Control as an option, not screw up the voices and not cut out the ending credits due to lack of space (seriously?!).

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

It's such a shame Capcom doesn't put a little bit more effort in their HD ports. The HD versions of games like Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, the Sly trilogy and the Metal Gear Solid games show that old games can still look great with a little bit of effort. Ports like Resident Evil 4 HD show that you might as well play the Wii version, since it looks at least as good and features more control options.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
More options? Cool!

I've played part of the game on the PS2 and part on the Wii.. Hopefully the PSMove will offer better motion control :P

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original Okami was an all around great game that got brushed over. I'm glad that more people will be able to enjoy the game now, but come on Capcom, how about a 360 edition?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i know this isn't the place but does/did anybody have the same issue as me?