ROM Hack Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Ōsōji!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok cool, well I can't help with translation, not without a few years to learn Japanese first, but I'm happy there's some progress happening, keep it up :)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm getting hooked on the Gamecube game, and need to make sure this translation happens :) Did you have any more breakthroughs? It looked like you didn't have much luck with the MKDS editor thing. Maybe we can figure out another way or come up with a tool, or bully someone into making one :)

I didn't do any images yet but I had a look at them, looks like some stuff like the maps would be pretty straightforward to get a lot of them done in batches, but a lot of the individual text-images, I'd need someone to tell me the translations if they're anything more than the dreaded Google Translate can handle. If I have a list of translations to work from I'm happy to get on with them gradually.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
It is working its just a basic find and replace hex editor thing. So I have 38 ish control codes I put in its place code01 or in some cases where the actual code is longer than that I pad it with 9's or F's. I haven't had a problem yet. I should mention I did this by hand to identify what the control codes were the first time. So one way or another it can be done. (here comes the whining) its just formatting it for space constraints 30 characters per line - control codes do not add to count. The basic this an item name so I got to add the longest item name count to that 30 space limit. those with experience know what I am talking about. x control code takes up so much space and by necessity has to have a new screen thus a new pointer after for any text that may have been after it...

(i really do use this to go to sleep...)

Has retsubty got back to you yet?

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this project keeps on rocking. I was very disappointed that the third game was skipped by Nintendo, but that could be due to the fact they made the previous title a Wal-Mart exclusive...

I don't have any particular talents I can offer other than proofreading and testing the game out for any errors, so if either of those are needed, I'd be willing to help. If they are not. the best and probably only thing I can do is root you guys on and wish you luck with the project! :3

Reactions: eobb

Alchemilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this project keeps on rocking. I was very disappointed that the third game was skipped by Nintendo, but that could be due to the fact they made the previous title a Wal-Mart exclusive...

It's due to the store exclusively selling it and that it wasn't like the first game. The 4th game in't selling as well as the first too, for similar reasons.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's due to the store exclusively selling it and that it wasn't like the first game. The 4th game in't selling as well as the first too, for similar reasons.

Isn't the fourth game a digital-only release? Granted, the scope of the recent game seems pretty out there compared to the previous games, but anyone with a 3DS has reasonable access to downloading the game. The second Chibi-Robo was doomed to one retailer people may not even bother going to, let alone for video games.

Alchemilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the fourth game a digital-only release? Granted, the scope of the recent game seems pretty out there compared to the previous games, but anyone with a 3DS has reasonable access to downloading the game. The second Chibi-Robo was doomed to one retailer people may not even bother going to, let alone for video games.

Yeah the 4th one is shitty anyway because the camera is shitty, and you gotta stand on the fucking sun to get a good pic with that camera.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate bumping this, but has any efforts been made regarding a translation? I wish I knew Japanese because I'd probably be able to use all of my free time to help move something like this along, but all I have been doing is hoping it's still pulling through. ):

myturtlesoreo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original Chibi Robo is my favorite game of all time. I love all of it and want to play a new not bad chibi robo so much, DON'T YOU DIE ON ME! But seriously any updates anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1