Hacking ok who actually plays all the games they downloaded?

regt123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm the kinda person who goes too crazy when i find out i can get a free backuploader then goes overboard getting as much games as i can then i end up not even playing any of them. Who else does this? xp

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I guess we get the I should have it disease , but never get the chance to play it , me personally power my Wii to test games and apps and new scripts compatibility way more than playing a game and I don't know why , so don't ask
wink.gif
!!!!!

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who has the time? Am I right? Nobody could possibly play all the games they downloaded... because everyone who's downloaded things ends up realizing that they didnt really even want most of the stuff they got.

The weird part is its nearly the same story every time.. OHH cool this game is out, Im pretty sure i will play it... Nope. You wont play it.. you'll be lucky to remember you have it in a month... then you accidentally download it again.
hate2.gif
Dont act like you havent done it!

I see a new game in some of your future... yes... the image.. is very clear now. Its a fishing game.. Fishing Master World Tour! Thats it! Who believes i have psychic powers now?

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, it's something I noticed about piracy : when you can have a game for free, you don't even try to play it enough longer to see its quality.

When I bought my Wii, I bought Metroid Prime 3 with it. At the first glance, I was disapointed. If I didn't buy it, I would have played 10 minutes, then I would have forgotten it.

But as I bought it, I didn't want to waste my money. I played longer, and the game was actually very good ! I enjoyed it !

Piracy may be bad for the economy (though we can argue about it), but what I'm sure is that it is bad for enjoying the games.

(sorry for my crap english : it is too bad to express clearly what I mean...)

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, you really touched a very touchy point. So far after one year with my WII, I have found very few games worth playing. the ones I played and finished are :
-MOHH2
-Metroid 3
-SMG
-SSBB
-Mario Kart
-Wario Shake
-Guitar Hero (my sister)
-POP two thrones (GC) as I didnt like WII version)
-Speed Racer (it's kinda fun though)
-COD 5
The rest is just xxxx.
As an old gamer, who statred playing Atari 2600 and spectrum zx and moved up to this generation, I guess that a combo WII/X360 is the way to go by now, and Im really a faithful lover of nintendo stuff.
BTW, it seems like only nintendo is able to make quality games for the WII.

Tetram : You got a very good point there. I fully agree with you. It's like when you buy a shitty game when u buy a console. You finish it even if you hate it.
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
totally agree with the post above

that's why I stopped prating games and started enjoying only a few of them by buying them AND actually finishing them
when you got a pile of crappy dvd-R waiting for you, the only thing you want is:

1/ download & try the last "top game" that just came out on the internet (and come to gbatemp saying "it doz not workzzz")
2/ try your backup collection from time to time, with the satisfaction of having fullfilled some kind of "lack" for something

I guess psy doctors could explain this more than us

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Collectomania
tongue.gif
Nintendo started it with the phrase "gotta catch em all".

I agree with the opinion that if you have them all, or loads and loads you will not appreciate them.

One thing for sure though is that you are glad to download a crap game when your kids(s) would have bought it for £40 and never play it again.
I think emulators fall into this sort of thing too, people get full sets of tens of thousands of games. Funny thing for me is that with the older consoles I had most of them, and had all the best games. Having "the rest" of the games means nothing most of the time because I play the ones I have/used to have as catridges, more seems to be less sometimes as it slows down the looking for the few great games. Saying that it's nice to see what you never had, or couldn't have afforded.

I really don't like......

Non pirates that hate pirates
&
Pirates that hate non pirates.

Lifes too short.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kallstar said:
I see a new game in some of your future... yes... the image.. is very clear now. Its a fishing game.. Fishing Master World Tour! Thats it! Who believes i have psychic powers now?

I'm waiting for the sequal;
Master Baiter.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wife (RB2) and my kids take over my wii daily, i feel like i am a burden when i say " Hey, can i try them new channel real quick?" they liiks at me with a glare them hand me a wiimote with attitude like "No he didn't".

EDIT: i only download backups of my currently owned games. (family doesn't understand that the games fit back in the cases when they are done.)

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed this effect with emulation in general. All the SNES classics are just a download away, yet rarely do I play emulators for things aside from a quick Mario runthrough. When you have everything ar your fingertips it seems to loose value. =/

MRCOOLGH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel your pain Raziel, only its my cousin and a friend (hi ps3,360, and wii are modded). They leave the disc everywhere and then complain when they can't find it. so annoying-_-

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is where FlatMii would come in handy. I would probably have 100 less useless burnt crappy "Pet Sports Island 2" disks sitting collecting dust never to be put in a working Wii again. Kinda like how we use Virtual drives to install crappy games on PC to check them out before deleting them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Bigonia already left the chat
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Bigonia already left the chat