Ok to buy a black wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ericthegreat, Mar 15, 2010.

Mar 15, 2010

Ok to buy a black wii? by Ericthegreat at 6:57 AM (741 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Ericthegreat
    OP

Member Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    It's the same to buy a new black or white wii as neither can play burnt backups correct? Also would chances be good to get a used white wii that can play backups?

2. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    you would have to hope that the used White Wii is old enough to play back ups if im not mistaken it would have to be like pre-october 2009 model and black Wii doesnt play back ups so yes it wouldnt matter but seeing as though you live in the US it would cost a lot more to import the black system...why not just buy an external hard drive and play games off of USB? then it wouldnt matter what system you get

3. Ericthegreat
    OP

Member Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Lol I see they released a black wiimote not a wii....

4. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    yeah the black Wii was released in japan and i think it was a limited time only thing in Europe but i think USB loading is better for Wii games faster loading times and dont have to worry about bad burns or scratches on your discs...but if you are planning on playing backup gamecube games then you might want to find an older model Wii for that...