Gaming Ok super psp noob here, dont flame

JJBro1

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
849
Trophies
0
XP
518
Country
United States
So is the psp just as hackable as the ds? Meaning we can play backup commercial games emulators and all that jazz? And can the commercial games be played online? Does my psp need to be modded to play backups?
 

jelbo

Ōkami!
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2003
Messages
854
Trophies
0
Location
Netherlands
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
640
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, it's busted wide open, just like the DS. Backups, emulator, online, the complete thing. Yes, you need to mod it: install a custom firmware with either a game exploit or with a special battery, which can be cheaply ($10) bought from DealExtreme. You'll need a MemoryStick Pro Duo as well.
 

JJBro1

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
849
Trophies
0
XP
518
Country
United States
jelbo said:
Yeah, it's busted wide open, just like the DS. Backups, emulator, online, the complete thing. Yes, you need to mod it: install a custom firmware with either a game exploit or with a special battery, which can be cheaply ($10) bought from DealExtreme. You'll need a MemoryStick Pro Duo as well.
so there aren't any modchips and soldering?
 

TaMs

Randomizer
Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,129
Trophies
0
Age
31
XP
330
Country
Finland
JJBro1 said:
jelbo said:
Yeah, it's busted wide open, just like the DS. Backups, emulator, online, the complete thing. Yes, you need to mod it: install a custom firmware with either a game exploit or with a special battery, which can be cheaply ($10) bought from DealExtreme. You'll need a MemoryStick Pro Duo as well.
so there aren't any modchips and soldering?
Yep no soldering and stuff.
You can also use psp's normal battery for installing custom firmware, but then you need a friend with psp.
 

Originality

Chibi-neko
Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2008
Messages
5,708
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
London, UK
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
1,820
Country
If you have no friends (with PSPs at least) then you can either buy a Datel TOOL online (needed for CFW installation) or just hardmod your own battery (see other threads about this). The only soldering that could possibly be needed is to repair a hardmodded battery, but some copper wire and tape will do the job just fine.
 

altorn

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
1,026
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Toronto, Ontario
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
1,551
Country
Canada
you can search around the net for tutorials on how to install Custom Firmware in your PSP.

You just need a DATEL BATTERY TOOL or PANDORA BATTERY TOOL, a spare memory stick for making a MAGIC MEMORY STICK, and Windows XP is recommended but you can use Vista.
 

Shyn

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2006
Messages
184
Trophies
0
Age
34
Location
Sacramento, CA
XP
90
Country
United States
altorn said:
you can search around the net for tutorials on how to install Custom Firmware in your PSP.

You just need a DATEL BATTERY TOOL or PANDORA BATTERY TOOL, a spare memory stick for making a MAGIC MEMORY STICK, and Windows XP is recommended but you can use Vista.

Why search around the net, when you have a great guide at your disposal in this forum (sticky) ;D
 

altorn

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
1,026
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Toronto, Ontario
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
1,551
Country
Canada
hell yes! Sorry bout that. Yeah, you can find one great tutorial here! Stickied on top of the PSP forum!
tongue.gif
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/hkpyXTZ +1