Ok, so with that out of the way...

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right so I thought I should explain myself, and it didn't feel right doing it in #1, because thats about the blog itself (even though the blog is about me?
unsure.gif
). ANYWAYS:

Well, my name is Amy, and I'm an alcoholic... no no wait... I'm a student and a musician, yeah.
Ok, so I've been learning the ways of "teh piano" since I was 9 and last year I picked up an electric guitar (plus good-but-covered-in-dust acoustic) in an attempt to be able to play with a larger range of people. Finally that time has begun:
After introducing my best friend Charly to the world of "whats behind that stuff you listen to" and about a year and a half wait, he's finally got a bass guitar for xmas.
I've always wanted to do my own band or something, so having someone to play with is my first step. Especially if it's someone you've known for a long time.

Anyways, this is my last year (more like 6 months till the end of term and part of the summer) before I have to start thinking about university, so depending on how this goes I might just continue my career as a musician. I'll still go to university, but doing both is pretty hard so it'll be a tough decision.

I'm having a look at recording material in the coming months and I think I might have found a place with a great recording system, kinda like a studio but its also for theater and performing arts? You know, with the lighting, stage, etc. I know the people that run the place, so fingers crossed.
Depends on how things go though, I still have to see how quick Charly can start playing like he used to a few years ago (not on his own bass guitar, obviously).
For now it'll be covers or keyboard+bass or guitar+bass duets that I might compose.

What I'm listening to:
Lightning rod, by Guster.
D.A.N.C.E. by Justice.

We listen to all kinds of things, from rap, to classical. Basically we don't have a concrete "genre", so don't judge by what I listen to, because basically it's my musical taste at the moment, but if you like whats there you might just have a greater chance of hearing us play it in the "near" future or have some kind of "influence".

Thanks for bothering,
RDF

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'll keep you posted. Give it some time though, I haven't been able to even play properly with him yet (personal reasons).
Also if anyone wants to suggest a song or has potential music sheets for us, it would be great.
Depending on what I find it might also be transposing guitar to piano or guitar to bass, etc, basically playing around with the songs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz