Hacking OK, so my uncle destroys my NDSL...

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Or maybe you could accept the fact that he lets you live with him, and he's supporting you, and taking care of you, so you should be grateful for that. Sure, what your uncle did was inappropriate. If I were him, maybe I would have also thrown your stuff in a corner, but I would have made sure whatever I was putting in the corner would not be damaged, and would not be something expensive like a DS. But bad things happen, and maybe he was so upset that he didn't think straight at the time.

In any case, I would say that you forgive your uncle, since that is the most noble thing to do. It's very difficult to fogive a person who has wronged you, especially when they damage your possessions in the process.

chalupa

Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
as apposed to "buying" a new DS lite you could call Nintendo customer service and have them send you a brand spankin new DS lite for $50 the customer service is very good and takes about 6 days to get there. the phone number should be at the back of the DS.

I don't understand why Nintendo would sell you another DS so cheap. It's not like the warranty holds as it wasn't faulty from manufacture. Or is Nintendo America just better than Nintendo Australia?

well they only charge $50 because they take your old ds and they use it for parts to build new ds. since all ds lite warrentys are still active its only $50 but if its not active, it would cost $70. If it was a manufacturing defect Nintendo would fix it for free but since it's someone other than nintendos fault, they charge you
biggrin.gif

Also the ds is new but it was once someone ealses broken ds. i dont know what regin your from so sorry i cant give you more specific info.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree the best thing to do would be to call nintendo and arrange for a repair or replacement and get on with life. You can't change who your uncle is but you can keep your dignity in tact. I'd wait until another time in life when your uncle needs you to get your retribution. It will happen. What comes around goes around.

tolax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my kids broke their DS screen and I got it replaced by someone on ebay for about $45 or something. Only took about 7 days as well.

Do a search. Always a risk of course sending your DS to a stranger so check their feedback

giver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it sounds like your stuck in the how can I exchange or figger out a way to get a new DSL. Your best bet is to call nintendo customer service. I thought I share my story of how my DSL did not calibrate and had to send it back. Call nintendo and complain to them about the problem you have if worse comes to worse tell them the situation. If they do realize that the damage was intentional then there will be a charge to replace it, and it does not nearly cost as much as a new DSL. Anyways when they sent me my replacement they sent it 2 day air UPS called tuesday night and got it on friday... When I had to send it back the ups label was ready and everything so the shipping charge was done at nintendo. Nintendo have a really good policy about replacing DSL units. The guy i spoke to nintendo will even suggest to bring it to a repair center near you. The closest one to me was like 200 miles away so I chose the shipping option. DONT BE SHY, and call nintendo they will help you. Most people are right Nintendo consoles are so hard to find if you do not want a GBA. Even email them, they will only take money order check or credit card as payment. Have one handy when you call.

bl21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess u still need make sure your uncle wont throw your second dsl away even if u manage to find one these days.

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this thread died weeks ago? Anywyas, enough of the "kick his ass" etc. responses, they are not helpful. i suggest showing him this thread, and say "all of these things..." unless he goes half on the replacement.

Sonic782

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd kiss his ass, but I live with him. He's a very domineering person and the whole family hates him, but I'm 13 and therefore can't do anything. Oh yeah and he also claims he didn't break. Although he just threw it in the corner, hmm...I wonder who did it then, it worked fine yesterday...that old bastard.

We don't need to know that much! joke n_n

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well...I got a new black DSL, I just remembered I still got waranty on my white DS Lite (that he destroyed)...one question: My white DS Lite also has a cracked hinge, if I sent it to Nintendo, would they check to see if my screen was broken? Or would they just send me a new DS becuase they saw my hinge was broken?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: