Ok, so i want to ask a question here..

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rizzod, Feb 22, 2010.

Feb 22, 2010
  1. rizzod
    OP

Member rizzod Not a New Member

Australia
    Ok, so, i know how to make WADS to ISO's...

Now, what im interested in, is to load Movies off USB Loader GX/WiiFlow.
    Now, is there anyway to edit MPLAYER to start a certain movie that you want? (not the "replace loop.avi" explanation)
    So that i'll be able to make seperate .dol's to start seperate movies/divx videos?

For Example, if i wanted to start the Movie Pixar's Up, then i would click it to start that movie,
    If i wanted to start the movie Dodgeball i would click that to start that movie.

and each movie would load an individual wad from triiforce that would start a modified Mplayer that was recoded to start "SD:/Mplayer/Pixar's Up - aXXo.avi"
    or "SD:/Mplayer/Dodgeball - aXXo.avi"

Please guys, if you know how i would love to know

Here's and Example of a cover i did so ill be able to load the movie in USB Loader GX, fo fun.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    doesnt mplayer hav options so u can start a movie straight of with certain things in the config file? so that u could just have multiple directories of mplayer with a different config file for each movie u wanted
    to me this sounds like a harder way than just starting mplayer and clicking the movie

3. rizzod
    OP

Australia
    would you know how to do that mate?

4. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i think your best bet would be to just pass args to mplayer and have it autoplay that movie. the same way that you can start a usb loader and give it instructions to autoboot a game. even if you have to edit mplayer and add in the args stuff yourself, it still would be easier than editing the source to play a certain movie.

5. rizzod
    OP

Australia
  6. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    "arguments" ...like you can create a shortcut with notepad.exe "c:\test.txt" to directly open c:\test.txt in Windows' Editor.

7. rizzod
    OP

Australia
    Ok, so... how exactly would i go about doing it?

8. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    well if you are going to change mplayer_ce at all, you need to set up the build environment. then find the part of the code that says "if(this happens){play(this.movie);}" and copy that "play(this.movie);" into the beginning of the program, but after all the sd and usb shit has initialized. and make it say "if(argv[1])play(argv[1]);". because argv[0] is used by the name of mplayer itself in most cases. then you just make a little dol forwarder dol that loads mplayer and passes a filename as argv[1] and put that little dol into your ISO or whatever you want to do with it.

9. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I would prefer a WiiXplorer that is able to boot a media player when selecting a .avi file. With return to loader function of course. If you have that it's not that far to boot .iso or .wbfs files with your favorite loader. Best would be if WiiXplorer would let you specify which app to execute for which file extension.

No i won't do anything in that direction, i'm just commenting.