Hacking ok so, i need some help....

eddzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, today i bought Metroid Prime Trilogy (E) (it came out early and i dont think they were ment to sell it to me yet but whatever) and when i put it in it said i needed to update to 4.2. I dont like updating until i check what the system menu does, so i got on the net and checked out some stuff so i decided to install it with waninkoko's installer. it took a while but anyway long story short i can't load gc backups anymore, not sure about wii back ups as i dont have any but i had all the cios installed and stuff and my hbc is upside down. i tried to reinstall it but it says i have no vulnerable ios so i checked the top of the menu in hbc it says my version is IOS61 v21.29. can somebody please tell me what to do and what programs i need? apperciate it.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bad move you shouldnt have used wanikokos updater it installs all IOS's with trucha bug.
it was never in his blog so were not sure if he even made it
you should have used the safe updater by (i forgot who) in this forum.
and there might be a fix im not sure but thats just some info.
and im pretty sure your preloaders gone too (if you had preloader)
thats just some info but not sure on how to fix it

eddzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
boof222 said:
bad move you shouldnt have used wanikokos updater it installs all IOS's with trucha bug.
it was never in his blog so were not sure if he even made it
you should have used the save updater by (i forgot who) in this forum.
and there might be a fix im not sure but thats just some info.
and im pretty sure your preloaders gone too (if you had preloader)
thats just some info but not sure on how to fix it

bootmii still works and i made a nand back up before i did this, metroid prime trilogy worked in the neogamma loader thing but i rather use the disc channel as it makes life easier. i just want to know how to re install hbc and if my cioses are still there or if not can i actually re install them?

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
does HBC still work just run boot mii from there
or if ur using a projecter (like me) then just change the way the projecter shows the image (well my projecter can do that it can go upside down mirror etc.)

EDIT: i mean does your wiimote show up on HBC

eddzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
boof222 said:
does HBC still work just run boot mii from there
or if ur using a projecter (like me) then just change the way the projecter shows the image (well my projecter can do that it can go upside down mirror etc.)

EDIT: i mean does your wiimote show up on HBC

yeah, it works fine its just upside down... and i tried to reinstall it with hackmii installer and it says i have no vulnerable ios so i want to know how to make one of them vulnerable (ios 61 is the one it's currently installed on)

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man that's shitty, I hope you did a backup with Bootmii and just forgot to try restoring your wii hehe.

I would make a bootmii backup now before it gets worse and then try the new Trucha Bug Restorer TBR. Correct me if you have a better solution peeps, but that's what I would do for now, I read that the 4.2 update bugs out the region free setting for Wiikey at least. I don't know if your playing GC games other than PAL maybe thats causing backups not to work, I'm not sure. Also try updating the HBC if you can, I just got an update today (HBC 1.0.6).

Edit: If all else fails, dude just restore your NAND that you backed up.

eddzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
boof222 said:
eddzy said:
bootmii still works and i made a nand back up before i did this,
if you made a nand backup before the update why try to reinstall homebrew??

because the homebrew channel is upside down and i know it can be fixed i just dont know how

Posts merged

QUOTE(Warren_303 @ Oct 12 2009, 07:03 PM)
Man that's shitty, I hope you did a backup with Bootmii and just forgot to try restoring your wii hehe.

I would make a bootmii backup now before it gets worse and then try the new Trucha Bug Restorer TBR. Correct me if you have a better solution peeps, but that's what I would do for now, I read that the 4.2 update bugs out the region free setting for Wiikey at least. I don't know if your playing GC games other than PAL maybe thats causing backups not to work, I'm not sure. Also try updating the HBC if you can, I just got an update today (HBC 1.0.6).

nah im just using pal. i have hbc 1.0.6 but yeah its upside down after installing 4.2 and i know it can be fixed just not sure how

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try re installing your nand and then it will bring you back to what you were be4 the update so then u can use safe firmware update and then it will be fine

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boof222 said:
try re installing your nand

I agree
yay.gif

eddzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
boof222 said:

i dont think i need to because my wii isn't bricked. heaps of people have had this problem and it can be fixed i just need somebody to explain how and what programs i need

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eddzy said:
boof222 said:

i dont think i need to because my wii isn't bricked. heaps of people have had this problem and it can be fixed i just need somebody to explain how and what programs i need

nike2.jpg

...and if you had 4.0 then just reburn MP Trilogy after removing the update with Brick Blocker.

Edit: nvm try that Dop-IOS above first /\

eddzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol... yeah i think all i need to do is use that dop-ios thing and re install cmios for gc back ups. dont have any wii backups to check if theyre working or not

eddzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i used the dop-ios thing and installed the old ios61 and it fixed it straight away! my wii isnt softmodded anymore tho after installing 4.2 how do i re install all the cios (when i first did it i was on 4.1 so i remember having to install heaps of stuff) would i just use the same guide to the 4.1 or is it a complete diff task now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)