Hacking Ok so I have my wii modded so I can play backups.

Fersnachi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am using backup launcher gamma.

What can and what can I not do?

My sister enjoys going on the internet with the wii, can she still do that?

She also likes to make Mii,s and share them. In fact she uses alot of wii internet features. The quiz channel and the around the world channel weather etc will this stop any of that.

I am aware that i cannot update my wii past 3.2 and I know you can get updates from the wii internet. So does this mean we cant use wii internet anymore?

Some games also contain updates right? Will i have to find what games have updates on them and burn my own copy of those games? Will my wii even play regular games anymore(sorry im not at home atm and cannot check these things)

My biggest concern is Mario kart, Smash Brother and GHWT

Also will I be able to purchase GH and Rock band DLC with this hack? the RB game is burned the GH is official.

In general I just need tips on what I can and cannot do with a soft modded wii seemingly stuck on 3.2 forever =\

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fersnachi said:
Ok I am using backup launcher gamma.

What can and what can I not do?

My sister enjoys going on the internet with the wii, can she still do that? yes

She also likes to make Mii,s and share them. In fact she uses alot of wii internet features. The quiz channel and the around the world channel weather etc will this stop any of that. you can keep using all internet functions

I am aware that i cannot update my wii past 3.2 and I know you can get updates from the wii internet. So does this mean we cant use wii internet anymore? online updates need to be run manually from settings (or when you accept it on the message board, so internet is safe

Some games also contain updates right? Will i have to find what games have updates on them and burn my own copy of those games? Will my wii even play regular games anymore(sorry im not at home atm and cannot check these things) Install starfall to block disc updates

My biggest concern is Mario kart, Smash Brother and GHWT

Also will I be able to purchase GH and Rock band DLC with this hack? the RB game is burned the GH is official. dunno, sorry

In general I just need tips on what I can and cannot do with a soft modded wii seemingly stuck on 3.2 forever =\ you can do almost everything, just not updating, thats all

Fersnachi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Thanks so basically I have to install starfire to my Wii.

Ok I looked at the tutorial and I should be fine with JUST instaling the update blocker right?

I dont really know what the other stuff is and I dont want to brick my wii lol

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yep only the block disc update hack is required
And its starFALL not starfire

have fun with it
smile.gif

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fersnachi said:
Also will I be able to purchase GH and Rock band DLC with this hack? the RB game is burned the GH is official.
Yes if you installed the shop IOS (I think 51) while downgrading. If not, find it and you can enter shop without updating.

K

Kurisuellegarden

Well, you have to find that wad yourself. =\ Against forum rules to share that in the forums.

But you do install it in wad manager...

=]

I ripped most of my IOSes with wufe from an Official game but I don't know which games would have IOS 51...

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look for tonas updated shop channel installer. It doesn't have the WAD with it so it's free to use. It downloads the wad from the nintendo servers and installs it plus the updated shop channel in one go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free