Gaming Ok so I have a really big question for Nintendo

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want Earthbound/Earthbound Zero/Earthbound 3 as a collections cartridge for the 3DS.

Hell, that's the reason I have a vc inject of the Mother 1/Mother 2 gba game on my home menu.
So like that Mother 1+2+3 homebrew for the Wii? I would love that!

PolarKoala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if Shigesato Itoi would approve of Mother 4 receiving a release on the Wii U. I believe he's expressed contentment with the series in the past, and if there were to be a sequel, I think he'd want to be involved. He's kind of like the Ikuhara of video games from what I've seen.

Reactions: Deleted User

MlgPro

Play me in SSB4 I’m a Fox main
OP
Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if Shigesato Itoi would approve of Mother 4 receiving a release on the Wii U. I believe he's expressed contentment with the series in the past, and if there were to be a sequel, I think he'd want to be involved. He's kind of like the Ikuhara of video games from what I've seen.
Yeah but Mother 4 is only for computers I think you mean mother 3 fan translation. But a remake of Mother 3 for the 3ds would be fucking awesome

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
I simultaneously exist across all moments in time.
XP
Country
United States
Anyone remember the N64 Earthbound game that never was? I thought not. However, EVERYBODY knows who Ness is, and a rapidly growing number of people are becoming familiar with the Boy from Nowhere, Lucas, as well, BECAUSE of the Smash series.

Smash is where many obscure characters gain Western credibility and popularity. Take Marth and Roy, for example. Nobody in America had heard of the Fire Emblem series until SSBM came out, and look what happened--Americans clamoring for FE games. This, in turn, brought Nintendo more money from previously obscure game series that are now popular...Because of Smash(R).

MlgPro

OP
Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I remember the old Mother 3 64 game only made in japan that never came to be but if they can create new Fe games why not make new earthbound games that arent shit like Earthbound beginnings. Which is probably why it is not under popular demand. But if the people who bought Lucas and Ness from Dlc see a new Earthbound game and that same character from the game that they played what do you think will happen?

D

Deleted User

I remember the old Mother 3 64 game only made in japan that never came to be but if they can create new Fe games why not make new earthbound games that arent shit like Earthbound beginnings. Which is probably why it is not under popular demand. But if the people who bought Lucas and Ness from Dlc see a new Earthbound game and that same character from the game that they played what do you think will happen?
"they're making new games in this old series therefore they should make more mother games"
???? what??

Also, EarthBound Beginnings? Shit? Are you okay? Do you need some help? Are you injured? Are you having a stroke? No? Yes?

MlgPro

OP
Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
"they're making new games in this old series therefore they should make more mother games"
???? what??

Also, EarthBound Beginnings? Shit? Are you okay? Do you need some help? Are you injured? Are you having a stroke? No? Yes?
The first earthbound was shit m8. My first game play I could barely walk outside without hearing the battle sequence song or dying from a centipede

D

Deleted User

The first earthbound was shit m8. My first game play I could barely walk outside without hearing the battle sequence song or dying from a centipede
THERE;S THE ISSUE YOU WERE PLAYING THE ORIGINAL NES VERSION

I, personally like how difficult it is, but since you don't, I'd suggest either the easy hack, or the version that's in MOTHER 1+2.

K

KingpinSlim

Y U NO GET US MOTHER 3 FOR 3DS.
I understand that programming takes a lot but they could at least try to make a remastered version of the mother series. After some thought on Mother 4 I thought about mother 3 because mother 3 looks like shit compared to the video footage of Mother 4. I honestly thing that they wouldn't do this for Mother 3 I hope that the mother 4 actually asks for help instead of being a loner. Its been 3 years since devolpment has started if they proposed this to Nintendo imagine how big it would be for mother 4 to be on the Wii U for like 3$ due to it being a fangame.

Hey, Shigeru Miyamoto here. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We make it a point to regularly check forums where people are intent to hack our hardware so we can listen to their needs and implement changes instantly!
I can not stress how valuable comments from random anonymous people in small niche communities are to multi-national corporations.
Please never stop posting your random opinions online, we can't do it without you!

Sincerely Shigeru Miyamoto

Last edited by ,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Because Nintendo of America is shit. They don't give a shit about their fans and they never will. It's not about please the few RPG fans who have the misfortune of trying to get RPG's on a Nintendo Product in the rest of the world, it's about appease the moronic masses who want shitty shovelware and more of the same games.
In short, NoA is shit.

K

KingpinSlim

Because Nintendo of America is shit. They don't give a shit about their fans and they never will. It's not about please the few RPG fans who have the misfortune of trying to get RPG's on a Nintendo Product in the rest of the world, it's about appease the moronic masses who want shitty shovelware and more of the same games.
In short, NoA is shit.

NoE isn't that much better. Believe me.

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
I simultaneously exist across all moments in time.
XP
Country
United States
Well, let's face it--the reason there even IS a hacker/pirate community is due to Nintendo's obsession with making blatantly unfair and/or shitty games, and selling them at often obscene prices (New Super Mario Bros. 2 came out over 4 years ago, and is STILL selling at upwards of 30 dollars...USED!).

If Nintendo would put their collective nose to the grindstone and churn out quality product with little or no bugs, and with a fair difficulty curve, and at a decent price, they'd sell more games, and we wouldn't feel (as much) a need to hack and/or pirate their games.

But, with Nintendo so focused on futilely trying to snuff us hackers and pirates out with supposedly "hack-proof" updates and anti-piracy measures, they don't have enough resources to produce quality games. But, Nintendo is so sure we're the problem (when they are mainly to blame), that they'll never see the truth for what it is, or the forest for the trees.

MlgPro

OP
Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
just like f zero, mother really doesn't sell that well. honestly, i feel like the whole series might make more sense as a cartoon or book
Same thing happened to kirby and look where he is...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And I get how they make the same excact games for people like the Mario serieshas been dragged out for like decades man I wounder when they will stop it. And by the way @Tomato Hentai I sucked on Mother 1 , I died like 10 times before I actually went into the town and even then I couldnt even walk outside of the town when I was like level 10

Plus Earthbound made it so that Grinding could become easier so you defeat an weaker enemy in like 1 second. On top of that they made it so that you could see the enemies not to guess about the whereabouts of the next enemy that comes your way

On top of that I know Nintendo doesnt give a shit about its fans but if it makes them more money then they listen to every word they say or not it depends if they give a shit

D

Deleted User

Same thing happened to kirby and look where he is...

And I get how they make the same excact games for people like the Mario serieshas been dragged out for like decades man I wounder when they will stop it. And by the way @Tomato Hentai I sucked on Mother 1 , I died like 10 times before I actually went into the town and even then I couldnt even walk outside of the town when I was like level 10

Plus Earthbound made it so that Grinding could become easier so you defeat an weaker enemy in like 1 second. On top of that they made it so that you could see the enemies not to guess about the whereabouts of the next enemy that comes your way

On top of that I know Nintendo doesnt give a shit about its fans but if it makes them more money then they listen to every word they say or not it depends if they give a shit
PLAY
THE
GBA
VERSION
IT'S
EASIER

Reactions: nxwing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi