OK. Please help me. I don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by IHeartGBA, Oct 7, 2018.

1. IHeartGBA
    OP

IHeartGBA Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2018
    United States
    OK. So if you want to skip all my rambling and go into the problem just skip this entire part and read the next part, but if you want to know how I got into this situation here we are. I'm not most tech savy so I followed a guide to Jailbreak my PS3. For the love of me I can't remember the guide now, but I followed it word for word, step by step. I tried to install Rebug and Retroarch and they didn't load. They wouldn't even though I followed this guide exactly. I explained everything to a friend and they suggest I system restore my system and start from scratch. I kept trying to back up my data, but somehow along the way, and this still upsets me. I lost all my data. To magnify how much of my life that was taken away, I had this PS3 since the super early days. Not right at launch, but it's a fat so around year one. Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Birth By Sleep, Chain of Memories, Final Fantasy X, Devil May Cry, Uncharted, Sly Cooper 1,2,3 and more titles I've spent literal months on vanished. So as you can imagine, I was upset. Still am. Now I refuse to not quit til my PS3 is jailbroken. I'm getting something out of all that data loss.

If you skipped here, quick summary of above. Tried to jailbreak PS3 with one guide didn't work. Total system restore my PS3 then followed a guide by Mr Mario2011 on youtube. Well, hit another snag with the files now being different from then. Not only that tried making a server on my phone as the dude said in the video. So to sum all of this up, can anyone help me, or give me the most up to date guide out there where it's basically idiot proof, because I feel like one at this point. If anyone wishes to give me advice and wants to know the details of everything, check below.

Okay so yeah, as mentioned before watched two guides on doing this now. The first one I can't remember what it was for the life of me. It had me going on the PS3 web browser and installing HAN and something else to my usb. I was able to get the packaging manager, the deal with the folders where it allows me to install stuff on my system, delete things and such. Here is the link for the most recent video I used. As previously mentioned the files that he uses for the checker and dumper process are totally different from what is in the video. I tried putting all the files on my phone to make that work, but my phone didn't want to work with that. I am on 4.82 firmware and did the deal of checking the other numbers I forget what they were called. If they were higher than 3.55 I can't do it, but I got 2.something so I know my system can be jailbroken. Finally, the contents of the usb I am using are listed below. I know this must seem like a headache to figure out, but I don't know what to do anymore since I don't know if I can trust any guides at this point since they might not work for me. Thank you for helping if you do. I appreciate it more than words can say.

PS3 folder
    Update folder
    PS3UPDATE.PUP

xmb_wave_installer_release-PS3Xploit folder
    lines.qrc
    ps3xploit_v30
    xmb_wave_installer
    restore folder
    lines.qrc

act.dat
    catagory_game
    explore_category_game.rco
    expore_plugin.sprx
    explore_plugin_full.rco
    flash_482.hex
    REBUG_TOOLBOX_02.02.15.MULTI_.15
    RetroArch.PS3.DEX.PS3
    RetroArch-PS3-1.7.0-CEX-PS3.pkg
    videoplayer_plugin.sprx

And for one final time I just want to say thanks to anyone who helps from the biggest way possible to the smallest way possible. I've never had such issues with these types of processes, but PS3 for some reason has been a nightmare from the start.

2. onibaku

onibaku GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2007
    Sorry to hear about your loss... I was pretty confused when trying to install CFW but I managed to do it in the end. There was so much information and different types of CFW to install which probably was the cause of my confusion.

I did this on a PS3 Slim (just so you know) but it should be the same for ur ps3. Also I used this tutorial pretty recently.

I had issues with the stuff you do on the PS3's browser, had to run it several times for it to succeed...

Last edited by onibaku, Oct 12, 2018
    IHeartGBA likes this.
  3. IHeartGBA
    OP

IHeartGBA Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2018
    United States

Oh my god. Thank you thank you thank you! I'm so thankful for you! I was beginning to think nobody was going to help me and that I lost all my data for nothing, but I got it all up and running! I can't say enough how much I appreciate this! You're awesome! Thank's again!

onibaku likes this.
  4. onibaku

onibaku GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2007
    No worries, am glad you got it working :D