Hacking Ok N5's have they been fixed yet?

Marth08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I purchased an N5 about 2 weeks ago, it runs flawlessly besides the poor card reader it came with. I have read all over the web about the Micro SD slot being made improperly so the connection pins stick out too far and dig into the board causeing a short and in most cases blowing fuses. I have also heard that this is not the case with all the carts that its all a gamble some good some bad. The only thing that puzzles me is that all the topics and replies are from back from jun-sept 08 with no real updates. Has anyone opened a recent N5 cart and removed the solder to check if the pins were replaced with proper pins? cause like I said this seems to be last years news and it must have died down by now if no one is complainng about it.

Please also I've read enough posts to know that other cards are better don't post telling me how bad the card is I'm looking for people with experience with the N5 carts and have looked inside them to see if the error has maybe been fixed in newer models cause like i said i got mine about 2 weeks ago.

Marth08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PettingZoo said:
I don't have an N5 cart but I'm sure its fine. Though to be on the safe side you should probably take off the sticker, open up the cart and see what you can.

I have Ive been inside but with no experience in soldering/desoldering I cant do much with it -.- and the slot is flush with the board so yea it would have to be unsoldered and removed to see if the pins are exposed with the micro present inside. i know exactly how its put together and what it looks like once removed but removal is the issue for me -.- lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol