Not open for further replies.

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok after much searching I was finally able to get a cheap enough copy of Twilight Princess, at $85 AUS dollars and it was supposebly a fucking PRE-OWNED! Anyway, now that I have the final key for homebrew I'm starting to decide if I should do it or not. I mean on the plus side this means a bunch of new features and such but on the down side, it could completely FUCK up your Wii. So whats the safest, most brickproof way to brew yah Wii?

Also, is their anyway to dump all the settings like Miis, save games, VC and everything onto an SD Card into one file and restore it at a later date?

sparky28000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
why backup it if you fuck up your wii you realy fuck it up(cant restore it (if its an realy brick)(wait till bootmii that will work i think) but if you follow the tut steps the chance that something hsappens is small so just do it (
smileipb2.png
i like that smily
smileipb2.png
smileipb2.png
smileipb2.png
)

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
as to backing up stuff off your nand yes you can. just run one of the many nand dumpers and you'll end up with the encrypted NAND img file (note approx 530 megs) If you are just getting into homebrew I'd say to wait a few more days for preloader .26 to be released as if it works as stated we will be able to send you through a more or less 0 risk proceedure to get full region free game backup loading from the disc channel and brick prevention measures. If you can't wait use the twilight hack to install the homebrew channel and then do the riskiwii guide. (i've run it over 30 times now on a few different wiis doing testing to make sure its safe and i haven't had a single problem) you will need internet to your wii though

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you're unsure on any thing odn't do it, cause doing something unsure of what you're doing will only cause that you missread or don't read anything key for it to function correctly, and after several times trying and doing something YOU THINK it'll work.......well......that's how YOU are going to screw your Wii, nothing more nothing less, if you do something, anything (Wii realted or not) be sure of what you're doing, read the tutorial 10 f***ing times till you know what step is next, and when you finally are going to do it, have the tutorial opened next your Wii/TV and read as your doing the step, do not take for granted something you think is happening, read read read read till you learn what you're trying to do, if you ask, you'll get answered, but you can probably ask the wrong question, so it is better to just read before asking...!!!
wink.gif

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol you always feel in over your head at first. just take your time and read up a bit. start with the noob stickies, take a look through the FAQ (link in my sig) and read through the tutorial/guides that you want to do. if you have any questions after that ask in the appropriate thread and everyone will help you. this boards is a great community if you ignore the occasional flame war and jackass responce

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
lol you always feel in over your head at first. just take your time and read up a bit. start with the noob stickies, take a look through the FAQ (link in my sig) and read through the tutorial/guides that you want to do. if you have any questions after that ask in the appropriate thread and everyone will help you. this boards is a great community if you ignore the occasional flame war and jackass responce

I concur with Digity... read, read, and then read some more. I read threads on here and watched YouTube tutorials for about a week before I manned up and did the TP hack for the first time. After weeks of literally reading this site, I'm *still* confused about some stuff but been lazy about looking it up, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.