Hacking ok, I'm seriously lost

Destati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. First of all, I have a 3.2 American Wii.

I tried installing CIOSCORP the other day, because all I friggen want to do is play backups.

For some reason, now I can't play Brawl without having to update and I don't want to do that. Here's what I want to know:

1) How do I make it so I can go back to what it once was: being able to play games at 3.2 without having to upgrade

2) What... Just what is the simplest backup launcher available. I've tried Wiigator, I've tried Wakinko, I've tried CIOSCORP, I just have no idea what I'm doing anymore.

I have the wad manager installed too. Just... What do I do. Every guide I've seen sends me in completely different places. I'm just really lost.

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
intstall IOS249 then use wiigators backup launcher, and about brawl, just load it through backup launcher.

Destati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brawl is a real CD. Also, is it possible to upgrade to 4.0 and still be able to install wii channels through the WAD manager and run backups?

saelee84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MadClaw said:
intstall IOS249 then use wiigators backup launcher, and about brawl, just load it through backup launcher.
u can always patch the isos with wii update remover or wii brickblocker, just google
biggrin.gif

ntt4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant you just install preloader 0.28 and use the hacks.ini to block the update partition ?

saelee84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destati said:
I don't want to buy a modchip, and I don't mind upgrading as long as I'm able to play backups.
i'm on a softmod 3.4u, using twilight hack. using wiigator backup launcher through homebrew channel (must have cios36 rev10 installed) and all my backups are playing fine. but now i'm using the v6.7 ultimate usb loader which is much simpler.

Destati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saelee84 said:
Destati said:
I don't want to buy a modchip, and I don't mind upgrading as long as I'm able to play backups.
i'm on a softmod 3.4u, using twilight hack. using wiigator backup launcher through homebrew channel (must have cios36 rev10 installed) and all my backups are playing fine. but now i'm using the v6.7 ultimate usb loader which is much simpler.

Its stuff like this. I know you spoke in English, but I have no idea what the crap you just said. Like, what is softmod and do I need that for wiigator? Also, whats your firmware?

I'm not yelling at you or anything, its just... PSP hacking is so much more simpler...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, if you're on 3.2 you can use a simple program called Starfall to make it so games don't ask you for updates. I'd link you to it on wiibrew.org but the site is down. Google should help you find it, though.

Destati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I listened, its just that thats not how I did it before.

I think I installed some ios stuff or something before while I downgraded... I think it was a part of wiigator's backup launcher.

Anywho, can I have some other simple ideas on how to play backups, ideally at 4.0?

D

Deleted User

Just do the Brawl update. It's 3.1 something, just do it.

Then install cIOS36 rev10

Use Waninkoko's Firmware upgrader, it'll get you to 4.0.

Then use your USB Loader/Wiigator backup launcher to boot backups.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also the new way for people to brick themselves when updating. I've never seen so many OMG I'S BRICKED threads as I have when these "safe" updaters came out. I'm not updating until BootMii is out. =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM