Hacking ok im at 3.2 and having problems w/ new games

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont want to update and havent really gotten anything new since christmas, but segas new marble game wont work along w/ mlb2009. pls excuse my ignorance at spending hours after hours to try to figure it out , but w/ 2 little kids and 40 hr work , well u know the deal. I think i just need to update the ios but how exactly do i do this . which ones do i need and how exactly do i apply them to the wii, and can it cause any problems? thanks

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open up the disc image or the disc itself (I use wiiscrubber for ISOs, or I use FTPii for an actual DVD including originals). Go into the first partition and look for the update. In that folder you'll see IOS files, make a note of each version (just the IOS XX numbers, nothing beyond that).

Then use any number of programs to see what IOS you have on your wii. Compare that list, then install any IOS from the discs that you don't have. It won't update your wii version, but it'll allow you to play any new game that comes out. At least for the forseeable future.

glukriek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I have the same problem and I am trying to get back on top of the wii thing... I just spend a couple of hours on many topics and forums to learn what I have to do and I would like to have a confirmation...
I have a 3.2U Wii with a Wiikey 1.9g and have already installed the homebrew channel and a wad manager a while back.
According to my researches, I have to update the HB channel and the Wad manager to:

- Install Starfall to automatically block updates (I have a couple of games already burned that ask for updates (namely Samba de Amigo, Wii music, AC, PES2009) that I never played because of lack of time to take care of the update.
- Use Title Lister or Any title deleter to know what IOS are already in my system
- Use Wii Scrubber/ FTPii to open unburned ISOs to know what IOS they need.
- Eventually use Wum Wii Update Manager to remove upgrades (is that really useful if I have starfall?)
- Install new IOS (I have a .rar with a bunch of them) using wad manager

Is that all I need to do? Do I need to install the cIOS 36 and 37 or is the regular IOS working fine with a modship?

Lastly i would like to know if there is anything else I should install while I am at it...

I know those questions have probably been posted thousand of times but I haven't found any place where everything was together... I will really appreciate a confirmation that that is the only things to do.

Thanks in advance

Glukriek

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am noob for sure but I am having the same issue,, I try to load the new games (marble saga, mad world, mlb2k9,sonic) and after the disk screen I get a black screen and have to hold down the power button on the wii to power off.

I am using 3.3u safe (whatever safe means) and a flatmii with NO dvd drive. I have region forced to usa and update blocker enabled.

Doesnt the disk just update the wii with files needed:? it wont update the system menu or brick anything right? AS LONG AS YOU UPDATE FROM SAME REGION DISK??? sorry for caps..

Am I way off?
Thanks

affzbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BlindDude said:
I am noob for sure but I am having the same issue,, I try to load the new games (marble saga, mad world, mlb2k9,sonic) and after the disk screen I get a black screen and have to hold down the power button on the wii to power off.

I am using 3.3u safe (whatever safe means) and a flatmii with NO dvd drive. I have region forced to usa and update blocker enabled.

Doesnt the disk just update the wii with files needed:? it wont update the system menu or brick anything right? AS LONG AS YOU UPDATE FROM SAME REGION DISK??? sorry for caps..

Am I way off?
Thanks

im exactly with the same problem as you.

my wii is just mpodchipped and i don´t use homebrew or any other stuff..

and those new games are asking for updates.... should i apply them or change something in files before we run it?

thank you so much

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gluk: If you install the IOSes the wii won't have a reason to update. You don't need to use a cIOS if you use a modchip, unless you want some of the benefits cIOS offers. Softmodding however requires cIOS.

I've never had to remove updates from my games and I have starfall/preloader installed and that seems to easily take care of that. Besides that you're pretty much right. You just need to know what IOS you're missing and install the ones that are on the game disc that you don't have.

Blind: If you are running a lower level system menu then the update on the disc it WILL try and update the system menu as well. You shouldn't use those updates as it will patch the trucha bug, and instead do what I suggested for gluk and find out what IOS you're missing and install them from the game disc.

affzbr: There is currently no risk of bricking your wii using these updates, and no current updates affect modchips. If you don't plan on using homebrew it's 100% safe for you to just install the updates from the disc channel.

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you sir for the reply,, However I do have another question...

Since I do have the flatmii now anddont need any softmod anymore, couldnt I just remove all my 0.3g files and go legit from now on?

I read the softmii .doc file and it says to run the softloader remover. Will this remove gamma for me? and make my wii ready for softmii?
I ask because I need to do it to my parents wii too...
Thanks

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
BlindDude said:
Thank you sir for the reply,, However I do have another question...

Since I do have the flatmii now anddont need any softmod anymore, couldnt I just remove all my 0.3g files and go legit from now on?

I read the softmii .doc file and it says to run the softloader remover. Will this remove gamma for me? and make my wii ready for softmii?
I ask because I need to do it to my parents wii too...
Thanks
you can do that or you can manually uninstall all channels you added via WadManager 1.3 and uninstall all added cIOSs with anytitledeleter and you will be all set
smile.gif

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, i post a ? and my internet goes down for 5 days what shitty luck , so what program do i use and how to find out what ios i have on my wii 3.2 u ntsc. used wii scrubber to see what ios are on the newer games that dont work , but then how exactly do i download new ios to the wii (what program do i use) and lastly , can it brick my wii thanks

btw, i have ios38-64-v3609, 53-64-v4113, and 55-64-v4633
do i add all these or just 38-64, and what exactly do these numbers mean, if i install just 38-64 does this cover 53-64 and 55-64 or am i looking to much into this pls help

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
slickric33 said:
wow, i post a ? and my internet goes down for 5 days what shitty luck , so what program do i use and how to find out what ios i have on my wii 3.2 u ntsc. used wii scrubber to see what ios are on the newer games that dont work , but then how exactly do i download new ios to the wii (what program do i use) and lastly , can it brick my wii thanks

do i add all these or just 38-64, and what exactly do these numbers mean, if i install just 38-64 does this cover 53-64 and 55-64 or am i looking to much into this pls help
can you do yourself a favor and install cIOS36_ver8 and use Gamma Or Softchip to run the games and tell me if it's going to work like a charm please
wink.gif

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

can you do yourself a favor and install cIOS36_ver8 and use Gamma Or Softchip to run the games and tell me if it's going to work like a charm please wink.gif

installed cios36_ver8 and installed gamma and still getting 002 error w/ mlb and no load w/ marble game any answers

Shadowmanexe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what happens if I insatll all Ios that comes in a new game? Is it better to just install the ones that im missing, or installing every one that the disc has?

Nintendokid54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was having trouble with madworld and i installed one of the Ios that made it work...
but now when i try to play marble mania... its says system files are missing or something like that...

i then installed ios 38,53,55... still getting errors...
as soon as i put in the disk it gives me the error...

Note i brickblocked Marble Mania...

My setup 3.3U wiikey1.9g...
any help?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow: Only install the IOS that you need. Games all now come with the updated IOS that patch the trucha signing bug which is needed for installing .wads and installing custom IOS... so you only want to put the ones on that you need to play the certain games.

mastergatuno

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
You have 3.3 and you brickblocked. That's the reason. You trucha signed the ISO. Either install some loader or don't patch the ISO (altough I think its not going work this way).
Well, those Erros 002 and 001 are blocking modchips =/
That sux!

Scandalous5050

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone,
anyone know which ios to use for Pro Evolution Soccer 2009? When I try and load the original disk I just get a black screen.
THanks.
p.s. when i tried to use wii scrubber to find out what ios it uses I could not get it to work.

DarK_HumOuR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i saw this in another thread:

tj_cool said:
Oh sorry the most recent backup launcher version is the 0.3 gamma with 002fix
You can get one on the first post, or here
and in some other topics too

Softchip (=also a backup launching program), see below

excuse me for my noob question but im lost in space..

i have the same problem with Scandalous5050

i dont know where exactly can i search to find a total solution for this issue..

i have read tons of threads that speaking for loaders, Backup Launchers etc but i cant understand what exactly i need..

my english are poor also..
frown.gif

is there a program that i can install to my wii (wikey 1.9g - version 3.2E)
and be able to play new games like pes 2009 or any other?

i also dont know how to install...

is it simple like a simple wad in wad folder installing via wad manager, or first i have to install some files and then i have to do other things?

is there a tutorial for noobs here or youtube or... ?

every thread i have read so far, was very complicated...

please answer as simply as you can..

thanx
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"