OK HERE'S THE DEAL!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by vergilite, Jun 2, 2009.

Jun 2, 2009

OK HERE'S THE DEAL! by vergilite at 1:58 AM (924 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. vergilite
    OP

Member vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

United Kingdom
    ok here is by question i have my lovely wii on 3.2E and have bootmii installed i want to backup my nand to the sd for anti-brick purposes but here's the catch the only sd card i have big enough to hold the nand is a 4gb one which is sdhc which from what i can recall 3.2E firmware doesn't support SDHC only 4.0 does so is there any way of backing up my nand to this sd card??
    p.s i was also considering updating to 4.0 through nintendo (after backing up my 3.2 firmware first) so my second question is, is it worth updating THX Y'ALL [​IMG]

2. Dj_Qbert

Newcomer Dj_Qbert Advanced Member

Canada
    Well it would solve your problem. I make sure before you update to take all the necessary precautions so you don;t have to downgrade.

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Sorry, but when running BootMii your other stuff on nand matters nothing. BootMii is compatible with some sdhc cards, try yours, if it works, it works, if not, it does not work and could only be fixed by a BootMii update.

People not knowing stuff should not act as if they knew anything.

4. bnm81002

Member bnm81002 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    my SDHC 8GB Kingston card didn't work, my Patriot 2GB SD card worked, most likely the SDHC won't work but try it anyway, if your Wii boots into the Boot Mii screen then it worked but if it boots into the Wii screen it doesn't work, that how I that my SDHC didn't work with BootMii

5. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just to let you know, updating wouldn't effect bootmii or its ability to read an sd(hc) card in anyway.

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Just try to do a nand backup. After the doing the backup, the app runs a 2nd time and compares the nand with the sd card. When it's done, you can be very sure that everything worked as it should.

*Edit: whoops

7. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    bootmii is started before nintendo's ios's so it shouldn't matter what fw you are on really, it's up to bootmii if it's compatible or not