ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK could some one tell me the size of the complete collection/PS3+PSN/

I did hear that it is about 16tb from redump

just the size no links or any bad comments please!!!!

:yayps3:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That seems kind of low.
http://www.abgx.net/filename/?ch=9
+
http://www.abgx.net/filename/?ch=17

PS3 disc is
Total releases: 4855 (including 145 nuked). I don't know if the very early releases got nuked there (people used to stick them in blu ray readers way way way before we saw any hacks for it)
PSN is Total releases: 249 (including 6 nuked) which also seems kind of low (the 360 has some 750 + DLC, 360 DLC is some 2200 released but most of that will probably be rock band/guitar hero individual songs).

PS3 standards allow for compression so size varies a bit. I have not got a way to get a complete size listing from that so taking it at 70 files per disc and 100 megs split rar as standard then for games alone you are getting on for 31 terabytes. For that to hit 16 then a lot of the earlier games (I took my guess from the page linked which is naturally going to be the last games released and thus potentially the biggest) will have to be far less. PSN varies even more (some are tiny, others compare to full games) but that would only be about 500 gigs if we assume about 2 gigs per game.
31TB is doable as a normal person these days (they are crappy NAS drives but 6TB for £170) but you will have to think about it, and if I am doing that kind of data storage then I will also want some backups as well.
You can probably get that down a bit more if you reckon you can live without the wonder that is Harry_Potter_to_Fushichou_no_Kishidan_JPN_PS3-BAHAMUT and what was surely the hottest release of January 2008 in Assassins_Creed_KOR_PS3-SQUARE. On the other hand it is those sorts of games that will probably be bastard hard to find in 10 years -- bets on you or I can source Der_Herr_der_Ringe_Die_Gefaehrten_PAL_GERMAN_XBOX_DVDRip-SOULX and for the aggravation do you reckon it would be easier to just buy it and redump it (The original xbox version is more expensive than the other platforms it was on and will set you back 4 whole Euros at time of writing)?

For the 360 we also have the GOD/hard drive install size lists but PS3 lacks this officially, unofficially there is MultiMAN for hacked ones but a token search did not return a size list.

Reactions: KiiWii

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice Level 20. @FAST6191

OK I have not seen you about, but does this include the same game that will be in usa, europe and japan?
I have book marked that link it looks good thank you - as you can tell I am new to this

This will be fun when I get round to buying my nas raid, 24tb hyperspin + ps3 games sounds good on it. Oh yeah I see you live in the UK, we are upgrading the the vergin media 350mbps download and 30mbps upload - two months and we will be ready to go.
PS with all them games you could set up your own no-pay-station lol

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that would include region dupes, including seemingly of Korea as well and probably a few in Europe as they did not split every game between the various languages (most games won't but some did split between the big 5 languages, and possibly also censor things for Germany). Don't know if the PS3 saw different releases for Canada and Mexico like some of the 360 stuff I once saw.

I don't have a good dupes list for the PS3. If you are going to take best copy of each game in English + any that weren't + Japanese extras (or maybe more of Japan if you fancy undubbing something one day) + any notable differences between regions (for instance Nier Replicant is a Japan only kind of alt version of Nier, you might also have some regions that got a gold/goty version with all the DLC where another had it only as DLC but I did not follow the PS3 releases to see if that happened there as well) then 24TB could probably wedge it all in.

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
here is a statement from some one who helps the redump team,

The complete PS3 Redump set is about 20TB. PAL is probably half that. As you might understand, it is almost impossible to share so much data, but there are "certain places" where it is available. However, since you are new here you should be active on the forum, show that you want to help, and possibly start contributing to redump(website). You should join this discord server: discord. web and contribute, and some more ways might open up for you if you are patient!

this was from the romshepard forum...

A bit more info for you,

I have seen a xbox 360 collection
XBOX 360 ISO COLLECTION

Number of ISOs: 1635 ISOs

Total weight: 12 TB

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is far far fewer games than ABGX lists for the 360, also the 360 had a fair few games compare to the PS3 (they were broadly similar devices so not unexpected) but for the most part were on single dual layer DVDs (9 odd gigs at most) and thus maybe a bit smaller than some of the PS3 stuff which could spread out a bit (though a lot of what I saw for that still had smaller games, maybe just included uncompressed audio or something).

If the PS3 redump team reckon it is that though then I was going with estimates based on all the stuff I mentioned there and they would presumably be operating with a more complete dataset.

Also saw https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/...tion_for_storage_capacity_for_all_ps3_titles/ just now and I can see it being lower.

You mentioned dat sets and that got me curious
https://datomatic.no-intro.org/index.php?page=download&fun=dat said some 281 PSN in their decrypted list, also mentioned an installed size but I might have to fiddle with a spreadsheet to figure this one out.
Sadly they have not started on a PS3 dat just yet.

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The xbox 360 list of 1635 ISOs was from a collection from a while a go maybe...(probably not complete), but yeah the redump list should be correct.
You could have a fairly medium expensive - nas raid for a complete ps3 collection only. prices will get better in time.

My nas raid will have like 8 bays when I get it plus all them seagate ironwolf drives, madness.
Man you have been on GBAtemp since I was a kid 2005 nice, I am 24 now and been playing like this since 2015. I think that this site is really good, how do you become a reporter?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah people tend to make that observation every console generation (or when emulators pick up for a given one) and we run the numbers on things. Reasons vary -- some want the ultimate game playing experience, others are for various types of archival (games, Scene and pure being the big three camps), some want to do analysis on the entire software library (I have long maintained I wanted to do something for https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-various-audio-formats-of-the-ds.305167/ to see how many games do different things for audio but have yet to get around to it). Similarly with the rise of optical media then sizes ballooned (I forget the exact size but every non optical non arcade system up until the GBA is considerably less than 50 gigs, did not check what arcade MAME sets are at right now but not too far off that either, not sure what a complete PS1 set clocks in at but I would not be surprised to see it higher than everything that came before it. Some also come the other way and contemplate compression -- in previous discussions we have done the Wii and then wanted to figure out how to scrub isos such that is suitable (without it every game is essentially a single layer DVD of random data that you can't compress, however we also saw most of the original xbox isos get redumped when the 360 came around and employed better security and the PS1 scene was a time of 4000 competing optical iso formats, several of which were used as "unofficially" they did better against certain types of anti piracy protection so that is always a nightmare as well).

I would also stress the need to consider backup in this. Ideally you would have two or three setups -- RAID is great but fire, theft, lightning, power supply wanting to take a few fools with it on the its way out...
Also while PS3 games are quite large when all is said and done it still has to be looked at relatively and a loss of a single drive up in the many TB is dozens of games. RAID is designed to handle this but... so you have two drives manufactured on the same date/batch, same time powered on, likely similar amounts of data flow, same heat profiles during all this (same case and all that) and one goes pop. What sort of money would you put on its mate holding up too much longer?

Reporter wise then if you report news ( https://gbatemp.net/forums/user-submitted-news.156/ , or indeed see the sorts of things on the portal ), do reviews ( https://gbatemp.net/reviews/ ), make interesting discussions or writeups of things and otherwise contribute you will get noticed. Occasionally we have contests for tutorials/guides and other types of writing -- while they are contests it is not like the site staff don't pay attention. Right now we are seeing the rise of the Switch hacking and while I don't hold out too much hope for it to equal earlier devices (so many of the things that made it work there are no longer in play or have far cheaper, easier and superior alternatives) it will probably still generate a large volume of things to sift through, keeping on top of things there will be the easiest way but if you want to do other things it is far from impossible to get noticed there.

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you @FAST6191 you are a legend on this website :grog:

And I am going to college to learn computing for real soon I will help people out and it is something I will be better than most with I know that nearly like a fact. Yeah all that stuff you said above that is food for the brain and sounds like a pure hobby/love thing.

I know it go's deep into this computing I should know a lot one day, plus I my head is built for this more food and it will be outstanding.
:download:

MasterFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp I spent an afternoon and turned it into a spreadsheet. Looks like the (USA) library is around 1199 titles in total weighing in at 9652GB.

Reactions: P_H_I

P_H_I

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp I spent an afternoon and turned it into a spreadsheet. Looks like the (USA) library is around 1199 titles in total weighing in at 9652GB.
for the low low price of 10 tb you can have it all!

Curious, you happen to have PSP/ Vita numbers as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8