smile.gif

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sucks, after all that shit over the slogan they're now getting another one. goddamn annoying! (especially because of having to update all your torrents too)

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was so scared when after all the DNS issues there was a message saying that oink.--.-- was no more!
But at least its still there. Worlds best site.
Prefer the old domain by far.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again, just grabbed a .PDF Diamond/Pearl strategy guide and it took about 3 minutes...
happy.gif

So what's a good way to balance my ratio so I can stay with Oink longer? (other than creating my own torrents, my laptop can't withstand such madness) Does leaving my finished downloads open (this strat guide for instance) help it?

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Jul 9 2007, 04:25 PM)]Thanks again, just grabbed a .PDF Diamond/Pearl strategy guide and it took about 3 minutes...Â
happy.gif

So what's a good way to balance my ratio so I can stay with Oink longer? (other than creating my own torrents, my laptop can't withstand such madness) Does leaving my finished downloads open (this strat guide for instance) help it?

upload upload and upload your own stuff. seriously, i did this and it helps alot, especially if your rip CDs in high quality V0/V2/APS format, or even 320kbps. FLAC is popular but usually only with popular albums. reward yourself when you upload a few GB's with a few torrents, just go steady and be patient.

@seja_8: yeah it scared the living beejeebus out of me too, goddamnit.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What you want to do is jump on the popular torrents fast.
Go to requests, sort by number of votes, and then go to the last page and request a bunch of those ones with high numbers of votes so when you get a PM saying they're upped, download them and then seed them. Works like a charm.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what I understand, once you create your own torrent and get your own tracking address and all, you have to leave uTorrent open in order to keep the torrent open to the Oink.cd community, right? Once your computer goes off (or you close uTorrent) then no one can download your file, right?

[Thanks for the miracle-tip, Seja! Gonna try it out...]

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)