• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Ohoho! Look what doki doki literature club is being bashed for!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
An unfortunate incident. Condoleances to the rest of the family. :(

I strongly disagree that the game is being bashed, though. Obviously, if your child commits suicide after playing a video game, it's a normal reaction to blame it (similar to how liquor'draws' people to addiction). It would only hurt the mourning process if we wouldn't allow the father to channel his feelings*.
The article itself is neither late (I assume the suicide is recent) nor bashful. It's perfectly legitimate to voice these concerns, and IMHO they are responded with in a correct, mature and unblaming fashion.

*it would've been different if he was rallying to have the game forbidden or strongly censored, but that's not the case here

Last edited by Taleweaver, , Reason: Mourning instead of morning

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
An unfortunate incident. Condoleances to the rest of the family. :(

I strongly disagree that the game is being bashed, though. Obviously, if your child commits suicide after playing a video game, it's a normal reaction to blame it (similar to how liquor'draws' people to addiction). It would only hurt the morning process if we wouldn't allow the father to channel his feelings*.
The article itself is neither late (I assume the suicide is recent) nor bashful. It's perfectly legitimate to voice these concerns, and IMHO they are responded with in a correct, mature and unblaming fashion.

*it would've been different if he was rallying to have the game forbidden or strongly censored, but that's not the case here

Exactly. I'm just surprised that this didn't happen earlier. Suicide is terrible regardless.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)