Hacking Oh yeah baby time for another help thread!

Rawrage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok first of all sorry about this guys. I know from the hours I've just spent searching through you get tons of these but for all the searching I have done I haven't come up with a conculsive answer to my problem. SO LETS JUMP INTO THE MEAT OF IT! Also thanks in advance

So about a few hours ago a wii was just downgraded following the instructions from this post.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735

The following Wii is PAL that was from launch date.

Downgrade was to 3.2 from 4.0 and IOS 30 was installed. As far as I know this is the only one that was installed and which I believe is fine because after it is downgraded it restarts and everything was running fine.

Homebrew channel was then installed using the twilight hack, Bootmii was not installed (WHY!? ; ; ), and DVDX was installed . All files receieved from here http://bootmii.org/download/. This installed fine and homebrew was running.

Next Custom usb loader along with cIOS rev9 was put onto the homebrew channel, cIOS rev9 was ran and a network install was started all files downloaded and everything was installed (little unsure of this one might of just did a standard install instead either way there was a completion). Custom USB loader 1_1 was ran after that which was fine, it detected the usb device which was then formatted and wii sport was put onto it. After that the Wii was turned off and victory drinks was had.

Next a few hours later to bask in the glory of the new softmodded wii and to try out the usb loader the wii did not fully start up. The full symtoms are A wii with a green led, no wiimote sync (blinks blue on all 4 and goes no further), black screen, no safety warning appears, disc drive appears to make a humming noise (Wii sports was in the drive at this time).

Methods that have been tried to fix this are; Gamecube controller in 4th slot and the D-Pads buttons held down with offical GC controller with the d-pad plastic removed, unplugging the wii for around 10 minutes then turning it back on via wiimote, Universal unbricker disc v2, turning on wii without SD card, turning on wii with SD card.

I've searched around on this site and google with no luck so I have come to appeal to you all for help in my quest to try and find out where I stand and what my options are. From what I can tell this is either a system boot brick but I am a little unsure as nothing has been uninstalled that is important (IOS's for example).

As always any help is very much appricated and thank you for helping.

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can you turn the console on with the Wiimote? I know you lose connection but can you at least turn it on, cause if so then it sounds like you screwed up your NAND. At which point without BootMii or a preloader then I think you have to send it in.

Rawrage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Smack said:
Can you turn the console on with the Wiimote? I know you lose connection but can you at least turn it on, cause if so then it sounds like you screwed up your NAND. At which point without BootMii or a preloader then I think you have to send it in.

Yes it can be turned on with the wiimote. I'm sure hoping it isnt a screwed nand but oh well its what we get.

QUOTE(bugaveli @ Jun 9 2009, 12:28 AM) try unplugging it for about 10 minutes i had thsi same problem and it fixed it

This was already tried left it unplugged all night and tried it again which didnt work in the end

I'm about to take it down to a repair shop, i'll be sure to write up a reply as to what was done and what excatly it was im sure others could use the information

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried with the USB drive unplugged and mem card removed and any disks?!

not sure if it will help but hey crap happens and you need to do a bit of fault finding adding and removing stuff!

And your not sure if bootmii installed!? did u blank the mem card after u installed it !?

You know you need all the files on the mem card that were created when bootmii was first installed to be able to boot into bootmii on startup!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yltcaxE +1