''Oh, Yay, Another Mario Game.''-Playstation 2/20 news

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really news worthy but something I found interesting on NeoGAF.
ibxon1DR9B6odh.png

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony's new marketing team seems to be going back to the "old Sony" seen in the PS1 and PS2 days.
This is going to be an interesting next gen.

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You mean five of them compared to... How many Marios?

Also are we really complaining over fucking ads? Not even like actual ads, but sidebar ads on websites?

Not complaining, just amused by this ad ;)

Btw... God of War, God of War 2,God of War 3, God of War Chain of Olympus, God of War Ghost of Sparta, upcoming God of War Ascension. Pretty sure the PS3 has enough Kratos games. Wii has Super Mario Galaxy 1, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii as retail games, the rest are spin offs more or less

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not complaining, just amused by this ad ;)

Btw... God of War, God of War 2,God of War 3, God of War Chain of Olympus, God of War Ghost of Sparta, upcoming God of War Ascension. Pretty sure the PS3 has enough Kratos games. Wii has Super Mario Galaxy 1, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii as retail games, the rest are spin offs more or less

The PS3 has exactly one unique God of War game currently. The others are just ports from other systems.

By your definition the Wii has "too many" because it also has the first three Super Mario Bros. plus Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World and numerous other Mario titles.

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
By your definition the Wii has "too many" because it also has the first three Super Mario Bros. plus Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World and numerous other Mario titles.

Which is why I said RETAIL games on my post, I didn't count virtual console titles.

You'd expect a series of games (Super Mario) that started in 1985 to have more titles than another one that started in 2005, am I right?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is why I said RETAIL games on my post, I didn't count virtual console titles.

You'd expect a series of games (Super Mario) that started in 1985 to have more titles than another one that started in 2005, am I right?

jaquette-super-mario-all-stars-25th-anniversary-edition-wii-cover-avant-g.jpg

sup

Also let's not count the, I don't know, hundred billion spin offs from the Mario franchise. Mario Kart, Mario sports, Mario Party, Mario and Luigi, Paper Mario, list goes on.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Also let's not count the, I don't know, hundred billion spin offs from the Mario franchise. Mario Kart, Mario sports, Mario Party, Mario and Luigi, Paper Mario, list goes on.

Kratos is still a novice when it comes to that I guess.. but then again, Soul Calibur Broken Destiny, All Stars Battle, Mortal Kombat (PS3 and Vita), ModNation Racers and so on. He sure is learning a thing or two about spin offs appearances in a less than 10 years period of time. I'll agree to end the discussion anyway, we're getting very offtopic... not that there's much to say about the topic itself anyway :rolleyes: (no disrespect to OP)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kratos is still a novice when it comes to that I guess.. but then again, Soul Calibur Broken Destiny, All Stars Battle, Mortal Kombat (PS3 and Vita), ModNation Racers and so on. He sure is learning a thing or two about spin offs appearances in a less than 10 years period of time. I'll agree to end the discussion anyway, we're getting very offtopic... not that there's much to say about the topic itself anyway :rolleyes: (no disrespect to OP)

Appearances in other games don't warrant it being a God of War spin off. That's like saying Super Smash Bros. is really just a Mario spin off because Mario and a few other characters are in it.

Let's not forget Mario was in Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros., New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros. 2, all in a relatively short time.

My point is that you shouldn't say God of War is as bad as Mario when it comes to frequency of titles.

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My point is that you shouldn't say God of War is as bad as Mario when it comes to frequency of titles.

I'll agree to that, but we'll see how many games feature Kratos in some way in 20 more years. My point is that, ports or not, the PS3 has already the entire God of War saga available and I wouldn't be surprised if there was yet another "compilation" or something like that coming (we already have collection, origins and saga). And no, I'm not a hater or something like that, I'm a collection's owner myself

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mario games tend to only release 1 3D and 1 2D Platformer per console anyway (With the exception of Galaxy 2). There's only been a recent "Mario spam" because Nintendo have been between 4 different consoles (DS, 3DS, Wii, Wii U).

After the 3D Mario comes out for Wii U, there'll be no more main series games for 4 years+. Trust me.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Comparing Kratos and Mario from the "number of appereances" angle is a no-contest, Mario wins hands-down to a ridiculous degree. He's the mascot, we get it, but if he were a cow, he'd be tripping over his own udder by now.

Even if you scratch the Digital Distribution-Only games (...which is silly as they're as "retail" as any other game - you buy them. With money. They're retail.) it's still udderly ridiculous.

Reactions: Gahars

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye yeah those are great too