• Start date
  • Views 3,487
  • Replies 36
D

Deleted User

OP
Source

QUOTE said:
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade; When PETA complains about the chimp used in your commercial, digitally erase it — kind of. This might be the best Dodge commercial yet. Before and after commercials below.

The Two versions of the edited video

Visible monkey before PETA bellyaching

QUOTE said:
The above commercial was created to build buzz for Chrysler's big tent event and features a monkey dressed like a stuntman setting off some lame fireworks. It was a marginally cute advertisement, but someone at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals saw it and complained. We'll let their spokesperson/primatologist explain:

"Most top ad agencies in the country won't even consider producing an ad featuring a great ape these days given the well-documented abuse that young chimpanzees and orangutans suffer in the entertainment industry. This abuse starts when they are prematurely removed from their mothers and continues when they are trained to perform through savage beatings, denied even the most basic necessities, transported and housed in barren steel cages, and then discarded at seedy roadside zoos around the age of 8, even though they can live into their 60s. You won't find a great-ape trainer without a history of Animal Welfare Act violations and a reputation for dumping animals when they're no longer profitable. After watching a video narrated by Anjelica Huston about the use of great apes in entertainment, savvy ad agencies such as BBDO, Young & Rubicam, Grey Group, Draftfcb, and Saatchi & Saatchi made the compassionate decision not to exploit great apes in future ads. Dodge isn't going to dodge a bullet on this one. It needs to pull the ad - and we've contacted the company asking it to do just that."

Dodge, displaying a rare sense of humor and cleverness, created the new advertisement below with what looks like a digitally-erased monkey. It's even more humorous than the original.

Invisible monkey after PETA bellyaching

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That is seriously just nitpicking I mean come on get the d**do out your ass PETA, it's a monkey. It's not being subjected to cruel whips and chains and fire :'(
There's worse things in the world than comedy like world hunger, cancer, AIDs..(monkey haha)
Good advert, good editing.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eco-terrorists win again.

....I just realised though, Peta can still claim that "Animals were harmed or abused in the making of this commercial" even if the monkey was digitially removed.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Eco-terrorists win again.

....I just realised though, Peta can still claim that "Animals were harmed or abused in the making of this commercial" even if the monkey was digitially removed.
they can still claim animal cruelty over invisible monkeys everywhere
toot.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i just love "solutions" like these.
someone being given an unreasonable or unusual demand, and complying only just enough to annoy the person making the demand.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing that is dumb, is that they already used a monkey, that according to PETA must of been abused. So what difference is it if you pull the ad or not. The guy who abused the monkey has made his money already, so who are you helping by taking out the monkey from the ad?

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alucard77 said:
The thing that is dumb, is that they already used a monkey, that according to PETA must of been abused. So what difference is it if you pull the ad or not. The guy who abused the monkey has made his money already, so who are you helping by taking out the monkey from the ad?
"This monkey has been abused, you have to pull the ad so all his abuse to make this ad was all for naught."

D

Deleted_171835

OP
PETA is insane. I don't see anything wrong with the commercial.
I'm glad PETA complained. It made the commercial more amusing!
catgrin.jpg

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Yes. This is fantastic! More companies should deal with ridiculous support group complaints this way.

That's not to say that PETA is completely ridiculous. But I see no wrong done here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn