Hardware Oh snap! Tried to sign in today... console banned!

Mantis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, I'd like to make it clear: this is my fault. I bought an account online. I was safe about it, and the guy seemed genuine who sold me the account. Worked fine, I got a bunch of games for cheap. I was happy, he was happy. That was some time back. I enjoyed the games, and moved on. So, you can imagine my surprise after thinking it was in the past to get this notification today. Let's get to the point.

A short summary on my 360 modding knowledge (or lack thereof): I haven't flashed a 360 before. I've flashed a good few consoles including Xboxes, PSPs, Wiis, etc, so I'm sure I could pick up on what I have to learn fairly quickly. I hear about all the terms like Jasper, Zephyr, and so on. I know they refer to different models of the 360, but I don't know much beyond that. I have a relative who owns a few 360s. He claims that a couple of his 360s are different types and can't be flashed to the extent some of the newest games require, so he uses different consoles for different games. Is this the reality I'd have to face?

The message claimed I'm console banned. I did search this forum and read about how save games get corrupted. Unfortunately, I read this after I loaded the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and my MGS2 save. The good news is that I didn't overwrite the save file. It was after I loaded the save that I tried signing in and got that nasty message, so I'm hoping that my saves will be okay if I don't load anything else. With that account I purchased, I got a lot of nice games, including Marble Blast Ultra which isn't available to download anymore. I have a feeling that game's lost forever.

Now, I think to myself, is it worth it? I can't "unban" my 360, and what good will I get from using my 360 as an offline Xbox? I was thinking of using one of my few softmodded Xboxes for XBMC in 720p (yeah, it's possible), so as far as homebrew goes, the main purpose is already served for me personally by my Xboxes. If I transfer my data to another 360 and download my profile again (or in reverse order?) to it, I'll still have lost the DLC I got on the other account. Is there any sure way to check the status of my account and whether it's banned? If all my gamerscore is removed, Microsoft can kiss my wallet goodbye. Not that it will matter. Aside from that error of buying the account which at the time was a stupid decision, I've been a totally legit customer and have bought perhaps nearly 200 games in retail and XBLA.

So, I might call it a day, sell all my 360 games and the console and make a decent enough amount of cash to pay some bills. It sucks, but if my account's banned, my days of playing the 360 are over. My reasons for many of my 360 games are void if I can't play them online, so I'd probably sell them. Also, I recall many of my online purchases requiring an internet connection merely to play them. (Indie games being one.)

Sorry for the lengthy post, especially since it's my first. I'm not in the best of moods right now and I'm not sure what to do. I'm sure some of you have been in the same boat. To cut my losses and maybe splash out on a PS3, or to get another 360 when there's no guarantee I'll be safe... :glare:

Edit: Would it be a good test to try a Games for Windows LIVE game?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just try signing in to windows live
I think you can check your profile info there

I think you only get a console ban with fraudulent accounts

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
If it is only a console ban, you can get another 360 (if that's what you're planning) and move the HDD over, or get a transfer kit for the 360 HDD. Everything will be on your new xbox, and you should be good to go as normal. If you play offline, transfer your content licenses in the account menu of your xbox.

This happened to me two years ago. I got a console ban due to flashed xbox. At the time there were no xbox slims so I just took off the HDD from the banned one and latched it onto the new xbox arcade model I bought. Everything was good.

I'm not sure if trying a Windows LIVE game would verify if you are account banned, but it doesn't hurt to try. Hope all goes well.

Mantis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use Raptr which is basically a game tracking and instant messaging-like service for XBL, PSN, etc. I just loaded it and it shows my 360 friends as being online, and I can see what games they're playing. I signed into Xbox.com and I can see it says I'm a Gold member, I can access my messages, see which friends are online, and so forth. It also shows the amount of MS points I have in my account. (Only 40.) Does that mean I'm good on the account front?

Yeah, I was thinking about the HDD thing, but I haven't really looked at my new 360 (I used to use an old phat one but made the switch to a glossy S some months after its release) and I get the impression it would be quite the job to actually move the HDD from it since it appears to be rather internal. Is it possible to delete the "fraudulent" account (the one that probably got me banned) from my 360 and still be able to transfer all of my DLC on the basis it's licensed to the console as well as the bad account?

Thanks for your replies. I guess if I'm going to get a new 360 I may as well sell this banned one. I'm not sure how much I'd get for it, though.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your saves won't be corrupted. MS removed that from banned consoles back with the 9199 update. You can transfer all the DLC content you have that you legit bought on your account, I don't recommend doing a license transfer with the stolen one. You could probably sell the Slim for a good amount, it would be fine for RGH. Sucks you got console banned for just one account though!

Mantis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So is that to say I can't move over my XBLA games/DLC that was bought with the purchased account even if that account is deleted from the console, despite the fact I'm told downloads are always additionally licensed to the console they are downloaded to? The problem I face now is I'm not 100% sure which I purchased with my legit GT and the purchased GT. I guess I'd better go through my download history.

What are your thoughts on getting this: http://www.flashing3...3&product_id=90
...and then selling my current 360? I realise I won't be able to play online anymore with it, but to be honest, I feel like I've been screwed over by MS if I have to get a new console because of one bad account, so I might choose modding. But I'd want to get a pre-modded console since I have no soldering knowledge so it would be risky to attempt the RGH hack myself. Also, I notice this says it has a new DVD drive or something. Am I right in assuming I'll need to get a special DVD drive for my PC to burn backups to work with this DVD drive? And three other questions...
  1. Will I be able to play originals with this DVD drive, and will I be able to back them up to the HD with the custom firmware and play them without the disc?
  2. Will I be able to install new firmware/dashboards without having to open up the 360 again, and will all future 360 games be patched to work?
  3. What's the best place in your opinion(s) to get emulators and homebrew?
Again, thanks for your support guys. :)

Edit: Back in the day I used XLink Kai and Xbox Connect as an alternative to Xbox Live. What are the alternatives nowadays? Seems Kai is still going.

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So is that to say I can't move over my XBLA games/DLC that was bought with the purchased account even if that account is deleted from the console, despite the fact I'm told downloads are always additionally licensed to the console they are downloaded to? The problem I face now is I'm not 100% sure which I purchased with my legit GT and the purchased GT. I guess I'd better go through my download history.

What are your thoughts on getting this: http://www.flashing3...3&product_id=90
...and then selling my current 360? I realise I won't be able to play online anymore with it, but to be honest, I feel like I've been screwed over by MS if I have to get a new console because of one bad account, so I might choose modding. But I'd want to get a pre-modded console since I have no soldering knowledge so it would be risky to attempt the RGH hack myself. Also, I notice this says it has a new DVD drive or something. Am I right in assuming I'll need to get a special DVD drive for my PC to burn backups to work with this DVD drive? And three other questions...
  1. Will I be able to play originals with this DVD drive, and will I be able to back them up to the HD with the custom firmware and play them without the disc?
  2. Will I be able to install new firmware/dashboards without having to open up the 360 again, and will all future 360 games be patched to work?
  3. What's the best place in your opinion(s) to get emulators and homebrew?
Again, thanks for your support guys. :)

Edit: Back in the day I used XLink Kai and Xbox Connect as an alternative to Xbox Live. What are the alternatives nowadays? Seems Kai is still going.
I recommend getting the RGH done on your banned console. It would be much cheaper. I know people who can do it for you, that are really skilled at it too :)

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Listen to Fudge. He is the resident expert on Xbox LIVE fraud and will undoubtedly know the best course of action here...

I've curious as to how far back it was that you bought this account?

Reactions: 1 person

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Listen to Fudge. He is the resident expert on Xbox LIVE fraud and will undoubtedly know the best course of action here...

I've curious as to how far back it was that you bought this account?
I never scammed anyone out of an account. Only bought, and sold one previously purchased. Never scammed anyone.

Reactions: 1 person

Mantis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It was a couple of months back, I'm not sure exactly. I figured if I was going to get banned, it would be shortly after use. So you know people in the UK? If I could get some extra mods as well like LED mods and whatever else sounds good, that would be great. So long as I can get it cheaper than I could get for selling my 360 and buying that pre-modded one, I'm interested. I've searched around and I get the impression FreeStyle's the best dashboard to go for.

I think I'll back up my saves with Modio now just to be safe. I can't seem to find a way to filter out just the save games in the memory menus, which is downright stupid. I suppose I'll have to select every one individually... :glare:

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was a couple of months back, I'm not sure exactly. I figured if I was going to get banned, it would be shortly after use. So you know people in the UK? If I could get some extra mods as well like LED mods and whatever else sounds good, that would be great. So long as I can get it cheaper than I could get for selling my 360 and buying that pre-modded one, I'm interested. I've searched around and I get the impression FreeStyle's the best dashboard to go for.

I think I'll back up my saves with Modio now just to be safe. I can't seem to find a way to filter out just the save games in the memory menus, which is downright stupid. I suppose I'll have to select every one individually... :glare:
Yeah dude, I'll shoot you a PM. I know a few people in North America, but I do think I know one guy in the UK who can do it. I'll PM you man.

Mantis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I've been copying some saves, but something doesn't seem right. I can't see my save for Castle Crashers for example. Obviously there must be a save game, but I don't see it.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I've been copying some saves, but something doesn't seem right. I can't see my save for Castle Crashers for example. Obviously there must be a save game, but I don't see it.
Castle crashers saves to your account, much like your rank and whatnot in call of duty.

Mantis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, I can't even play Castle Crashers offline. I usually played that on single player. (Occasionally multiplayer.) That's some nasty DRM. For the record, I did do a full license transfer back when I got my Slim, and most games are playable now.

Mantis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any replies, Fudge? I'm thinking of getting the 360 from that site and using my current one as a console for Kinect downstairs, but I'm still unsure so I'll wait a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't...