Oh p@#s off!!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Hadrian, Aug 21, 2007.

Aug 21, 2007

Oh p@#s off!! by Hadrian at 11:05 AM (823 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Another god damn stupid remake is in the works.

From IGN:

"Bruce Lee's classic martial arts film Enter the Dragon is getting remade by Warner Bros., reports the Associated Press. The redux, to be called Awaken the Dragon, will be written and directed by Kurt Sutter, a producer on the TV series The Shield.

The 1973 original had Lee traveling to an island fortress where a villain hosts a martial-arts tournament. Warner Bros. tells the AP that the remake will be about an FBI agent who is investigating a Shaolin monk and "underground kung fu fight clubs," so there seems to be some similarity in terms of story there.

It remains to be seen who will be cast to play the lead role, though filling Lee's shoes will be a very big job indeed. Lee died just prior to the release of Enter the Dragon in 1973."

Seriously, movie bosses need shooting.

2. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    My brother (who is about 10 years older than me) pretended to be my dad, and got me into ETD when I was 9 years old. Back then, TV was quite a bit tamer than it is now, so I had never seen that level of violence before. I was in 9 year old HEAVEN! Yay, bruh!

Really, why don't they just take the money they'd spend on "re-imagining" it and put it into restoring and re-releasing the original on the big screen. Or release it and forego any and all references to Enter the Dragon.. and just make DOA: Dead or Alive II or something.

You're not gonna top Bruce Lee.. sacrilege I tells ya.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Comic book dross: so be it.
    70/80's TV "remake"/pseudo sequel: I can avoid it, at least perhaps until the A team gets "reimagined".
    Transformers: Did not do much disservice but equally did no favours.
    Bollywood remake of fight club: I can see the humour.
    Book reimaginings: some are not half bad although I wish that it would stop departing so much from the source material (as anyone who has read the Jurassic Park or Bourne series can attest), I guess you have to aim for the lowest common denominator though.
    Computer game films: expectations are low by default and some even turn out to be halfway decent popcorn films.

Remake of a classic martial arts film such as this: pitchfork and burning torch time.

I tell you what though to distract from this if any film producer/pitcher is watching/reading/using a printout to snort the new coke/acid stuff I have been hearing about: the public really wants to see big brother meets pop idol: the movie, uncut and uncensored.

4. HeatMan Advance

Member HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't like the idea, but I love The Shield.

It might be one of those well written remakes mainly due to the writer.

I just can't see anyone taking over a Bruce Lee role. Not Jackie Chan, not Jet Li and not even a close relative. I can see this being protested until canceled before they find an actor.

5. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    No way they can do a good remake of this. I watched enter the dragon on dvd a few weeks back, the unedited version. I swore for years that the film had nunchucks in it. The version I watched that was on the TV must have been unedited. On the edited version they cut this 20 second scene out as it was meant to be too violet [​IMG] Enter the dragon doesn't look like its a 34 year old film either.

6. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i have the uncut special edition on DVD and man that really sucks they are making a remake, why ruin it?